Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
irish

more suggestions

9 posts in this topic

is there any way to have a moglo type function for private hubs. ie the search all private hubs you are in, including those you are not connected to.

how about being able to message all downloaders at once

M

is there any way to have a moglo type function for private hubs. ie the search all private hubs you are in, including those you are not connected to.

how about being able to message all downloaders at once

M

• Messaging all downloaders at once is going to kill the program. Plus it's spam.
  • how can you search in a hub you aren't connected to?

• Messaging all downloaders at once is going to kill the program. Plus it's spam.
  • how can you search in a hub you aren't connected to?

If it's not obvious by now, I'm not a techie. So if some of these requests are silly, then please

give me some leeway.

"Messaging all downloaders at once is going to kill the program. Plus it's spam."

Hmm, So if i have to disconnect and want to leave a message, such as

"Sorry, I have to disconnect, will be back as soon as possible" it's spam?

[*]how can you search in a hub you aren't connected to?

I dunno, i just thought I'd ask. :)

M

I dunno, i just thought I'd ask. :)

M

acording to my knowledge this moglo is some kind of cheater/faker client, besides this behaviour would disrespect the DC spirit :)

(searching for hubs that you are not connected to)

Sending the same message to multiple users in the hub will cause heavy load on the hub. Imagine if multiple users had ApexDC++ and were doing it at the same time.

acording to my knowledge this moglo is some kind of cheater/faker client, besides this behaviour would disrespect the DC spirit :)

(searching for hubs that you are not connected to)

moglo is a program that allows you to search for files, or usernames but only in public hubs.

http://www.afterdawn.com/software/p2p_soft...s/glo-seach.cfm

But i guess i take your point about the dc spirit.

M

Sending the same message to multiple users in the hub will cause heavy load on the hub. Imagine if multiple users had ApexDC++ and were doing it at the same time.

Well the people I'm getting files from need not necessarily be in the same hub, but they could be.

One of the private hubs I am in has the facility to do something like that in a right click menu

You can message all users or the ops.

But Speaking purely as a simpelton regarding technical matters, I don't think your argument holds much water. I think it would be very very strange, if many hub users at the same time decided to send messages

to those whom they were downloading from.

I saw this facility in Soulseek, and that's why i brought it up.

But thanks for giving it your attention

As a person who just uses Dc, and hasn't contributed in any technical way to it, I appreciate the time and effort, that people put into making it better.

M

Well the people I'm getting files from need not necessarily be in the same hub, but they could be.

One of the private hubs I am in has the facility to do something like that in a right click menu

Then the hubsoft developers need to implement this feature rather than us... many hubs may not be able to take the strain of hundreds of PM's.. :)

Then the hubsoft developers need to implement this feature rather than us... many hubs may not be able to take the strain of hundreds of PM's.. :)

ok, well as i said before i'm not a techie, so have no idea whether there is anything in that.

just in case you weren't aware. Moglo only searches. you still have to connect to hub to download.

M

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0