Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ð.Sp!dér

Different filelist tab icon(s) for offline users.

8 posts in this topic

When someone PMs and goes offline you can clearly see a different effect to the tab icon and the tab itself. So why not do this for filelists ? I hate it when a user goes offline after I take his filelist.

This are my feature requests:

1. If the user goes offline, then the icon changes and the tab changes just like a regular PM tab.

2. If the user goes offline, fleeing only from the hub that you got his filelist (this could happen), then Apex should check the user's IP, Nick and Share on all the hubs that I'm connected to and partially add a fade effect to the tab and a "half-eaten" icon for it. Mabey some info notifying me that the user fled the hub (or got kicked/banned) and is still present in hub X, Y and Z. Then I would know where to look for, and properly refresh the filelist after a few minutes (or even hours). That given if the user is still running a DC client...

Number 1 can be useful but num. 2 is too much work for not so important thing and not sure if it's possible at all.

2 is very possible :) Trust me. I'm using an Apex mod that's got "Summary user report", even right-clickable. It checks any user to see if he/she is connected to all the hubs that you're connected to. It checks by Nick and Share (not sure about the IP) and it's quite a nifty feature. Donno why Strong and Apex didn't implement this yet...

I wonder why CID user ID is not made/used? With it, even in search, you have a better chance to see real no. of sources (i. e. not displaying one user in 9 hubs as 9 sources). I guess it has some pros to wait for ADC, but in the meantime, if not too difficult...?

I wonder why CID user ID is not made/used? With it, even in search, you have a better chance to see real no. of sources (i. e. not displaying one user in 9 hubs as 9 sources). I guess it has some pros to wait for ADC, but in the meantime, if not too difficult...?

in the meantime, on NMDC hubs, this won't be possible because a user has different CIDs on each hub he is connected to.

In Apex Speed Mod you can click in PM page and see "Summary user report" (yeah, Ð.Sp!dér also use this mod). In this menu you can see how many slots have user, how big they share, what files they want download and all names of this user on all hubs... Yes, this feature really show ALL names of this user on all accessible hubs! If user on hub A and B have nick "nick1" but on hub X they have name "nick2" I see it!

Why not to create uniPM window with using of this feature? If user goes out of hub A why not to automatically switch PM to hub B?

p.s. Also this mod show when extraslot for selected user will be closed and can store information about extraslots for users in special file. If you add extraslot for user on week and restart DC in the middle of this period user still have extraslot! In this mod exist 'ban' function and speed limiters of users in favlist... It's not so good for spirit of DC, but in this mod already exist really many useful (and unique) functions!

I know, and have said that quite a long ago. Except two leechy-feechy, :) IMHO all the others will be good to see in Apex.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0