Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TYRRAM

New firewall

2 posts in this topic

so Im sure everyone is aware of the problems Ive been having and we traced it back to windows firewall so I removed it and replaced it with sygate on the much app riciated advice of sidetrack. but...... Im still having the same problems with sygate wall that I was having with windows wall. Im sure it some setting Im missing but i cant get a hold of sidetrack he must be busy. My ups are still unreliable and slow and dis connecting I would really appriciate any help. This morning i figured out how to fully allow Apex so maybe that will work but I had to leave for work and i dont know for sure if that changed anything ??

Oh, and by the way Ive left my port numbers at 1112, 1113, and 1114, thats what we were using to test with should I leave them at that or should they be changed ??

Considering we do not know the reason for your wavering speeds, we will disable the feature "Enable slow downloads disconnecting"

To do that , go to Settings --> Advanced --> Limits:

uncheck7xs.png

Now, you need to open an exception for ApexDC++ so it can communicate with other computers across the internet. Please do so by checking This Sygate Firewall Tutorial at DSLReports.com

Now, go to ApexDC++ and setup the same ports you used at the firewall (you may use your own or the ones described at the link). Please note, as stated by Sidetrack, you should use four-digit ports (five-digit ones are handled in some different way).

Side note: Don't mind with TLS port... If you want to know, more about it, check this guide out.

Go to Settings --> Connection Settings and setup the options as shown at picture below:

ports9hd.png

Restart ApexDC++ and you should be able to download everything you want to :whistling:

If anything goes wrong, post here, please...

Regards,

//Keine

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0