ifmn

PeerGuardian settings explained

8 posts in this topic

PeerGuardian plugin settings explained

Below is a guide explaining what each option and setting does on the Security page for the PeerGuardian plugin. If you want to enable to the PeerGuardian plugin, use this guide to help you.

checkmarknq7.jpg - by filling this check mark you enable PGP and vice versa.

reloadandupdatejc4.jpg - Reload Blocklist reloads the list of blocked IPs. Use this if you have modified it.(ApexDC++ auto-reloads the list at startup). Update Blocklist connects to the internet to download the updated blocklist.

loggingep2.jpg - When enabled this logs every block in the system.log file(if logging is enabled). Also you can view them by holding your mouse over the bottom bar of ApexDC++.

inoutsearchoo7.jpg - Here you can select what ApexDC++ will block if the connecting IP is in the blocklist:

• 1.Outgoing connections(download) - can you download from him;
    2.Incoming connections(upload) - can that user download from you;
    3.Searches - will you answer his searches

rangesos4.jpg - This shows you how many blocked IP ranges are in your blocklist.

Last updated - 27.12.07.

Related guides: How to install the PeerGuardian plugin | Blocking specific IP's

So his Incoming Connections are my Outgoing Connections ? L0L Sounds sorta fuzzy.

Let's just say I wanna be able to download from an ignored user, but wouldn't allow him to download from me. Not that I would want to download something from an ignored user in the first place, but I might... :) So what should I check in order for me to download and him not to ?

Right now, I've checked both. Why ? Because once I add him to the ignore list, then his soul is lost forever. It just seems fair this way. I can't download, he can't download. So this way everybody's happy. But what if I, temporarly, were to change my nick and start downloading from him ? :) I know it sounds a bit ...lame. Yeah, mabey it is. :)

I did have a good reason for adding him to the ban list or else I wouldn't cared much about asking for help at all. He was a jerk and he deserved it. Now I want to be able to download from him once more. :) Am I gonna go to hell for this ? :)

To do hell? Hell no. Just run a second instance/client with different nick and useless share in the hub where he is. Apart from the lame approach, I do not have a better idea. :)

Ok. So he is ignored and his IP is banned. What should I check in order for me to download ? Incoming or Outgoing ? :)

I understand that the Search checkbox is used for my files popping up on his searches. Right ? I don't mind that. :) I'm actualy glad that he can see I've got the stuff he's searching for and can't download due to the fact that he's ingnored. And he knows he's ignored. :) That's the sheer beauty of it. Talk trash and insult other people and you WILL get screwed. If the stuff I shared was (and still is) free why did he have to bitch about it ? A perfect example of human stupidity.

Tragic actualy...

Try with only Outgoing connections checked.

Outgoing - Upload, Incoming - Download :P

Edit: Added in the guide as list so people don't get confused in the feature.

BTW you can always disable the plugin or uncheck the Incoming connections , u dont need a second instance or to change your nick.

the PeerGuardian plugin is no longer available for download... can someone please make a plan for a reupload. thank you :P

Apex no longer supports it. Use IPGuard instead.

Or download and run peerguardian separately.