Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
TheBlazingIcicle

Remember External drives when they're not plugged in

4 posts in this topic

Many people have external drives and forget to plug them in. DC++ (all versions afaik) promptly removes all references that the drive ever existed.

I have fixed it before by removing the line that does it, but that causes other glitches which aren't ideal on a production client (the folder still appears in the filelist: its just empty, and to remove the folder, you now have to switch to the old style sharing tab).

A nice fix would be to keep references to non-existant folders, but filter them from being put into the filelist (at filelist generation time, so you can turn on then refresh and it'll appear).

I'll do it when i get a chance, if people agree with me?

i dont use external drives but i do use network drives and i gusse that it is simlar. from memory if the drive is not connected it is not included. however if i then connect to the drive -> add it back in my share -> and do /refresh my shares is refreshed almost imediatly. I think that crise has previouls said that the hash is kept so when you /refresh it dosn't need rehash.

are you suggesting something different to this. if so i would probably be intrested i constintly loos my net map's

Yep, the hash comes back immediately, so its not a problem from that front, its just a pain to have to go in and readd the folders.

Also means lots of people unnecessarily get kicked for zero share because their external hd was off at some point and dc forgot it.

ok cool thought yo may mean something like that, well it sounds good to me :)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0