Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Azetab

[Bug][0.2.1]ApexDC causing games to minimize

5 posts in this topic

Whenever I have ApexDC and a game on, the game always minimizes every 10-20 seconds, which basically makes playing games impossible. I am running Windows XP Pro SP2 with the lastest DirectX(Aug) and I have a nVIDIA Geforce FX 5500. This happens when I play WoW and Counter-Strike: Source. I haven't tested in other DirectX games but I suspect it will happen in those games too. I don't know if it occurs in OpenGL games.

EDIT: PROBLEM SOLVED FIX AND IS UNRELATED TO APEXDC

It works fine for me in games, are you receiving popups or something?

It works fine for me in games, are you receiving popups or something?

No I am not receiving popups and I don't have any spyware/adware. I scan my computer periodically with the lastest versions Spybot, Adaware, Spysweeper, Nod32, so it can't be that. When I close ApexDC, my games stop minimizing and they work fine. Maybe it could be a program conflicting with ApexDC? Or maybe it could be my graphic drivers(they're modified, tweaked). I'll try out different solutions and see if I can fix it myself.

No I am not receiving popups and I don't have any spyware/adware. I scan my computer periodically with the lastest versions Spybot, Adaware, Spysweeper, Nod32, so it can't be that. When I close ApexDC, my games stop minimizing and they work fine. Maybe it could be a program conflicting with ApexDC? Or maybe it could be my graphic drivers(they're modified, tweaked). I'll try out different solutions and see if I can fix it myself.

After further research, I found out that ApexDC isn't causing the minimizing, but another application is, Folding@Home. Sorry for the false alarm Lee. :huh:

After further research, I found out that ApexDC isn't causing the minimizing, but another application is, Folding@Home. Sorry for the false alarm Lee. :huh:

Heh, no problem Azetab.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0