Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lee

Frequently Asked Questions

1 post in this topic

Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

All guides have been published by the ApexDC++ community and are subject to copyright. Please do not copy and re-publish any information supplied without the author\'s permission.

These guides are here to help users with the ApexDC++ client and additional services such as hub software and compiling. Please reply on guides you have read and used, many authors may be motivated to submit more guides if they realised their previous ones have been useful.

1. How do I submit guides?

Simply create a new topic and ensure your guide is full of screenshots (and even videos) and easy steps to allow beginners to easily understand them. Please provide a HTTP mirror or a file (usually .chm or .pdf) to allow users a second source of viewing. Furthermore, these guides can then be shared in the DC network to help users (so put a link to ApexDC++ in it).

2. Why can't I see my guide?

All submitted guides are sent through a moderation queue to ensure they are high quality and up to standard - a quick paragraph on how to get into active mode won't cut it! Our staff will analyse each guide in turn and allow or deny it into the forum for public viewing. If your guide hasn't been published within 2 days of submission please PM an Administrator. Usually a staff member will PM you with a suitable explanation as to why your guide has been denied.

3. How do I suggest improvements to a guide?

If you have any hints or tips for a guide published by a member, reply to topic or PM the author with the suggested improvements. The author or member of staff can then edit the post to include the changes. We\'re wanting to keep the guide user friendly, so improvements are always welcome!

4. How do I request a new guide?

We have created a specific topic to address this question. Visit the sticky topic and request a new guide by replying to the topic. Somebody will view it and hope

ully decide to create one for you and others to see.