citysoundman

Files seem to disappear from download queue

10 posts in this topic

I've recently had a couple of occasions where after a quit and relaunch of Apex, some files disappear from my download queue. I'm pretty sure that the disappearing files were all 0% downloaded; and I know that some of the ones that disappeared were 0% because the user that I started to download them from was no longer online.

I wonder if this could be a problem in the 1.5.1 version?

Hmm, not something I've noticed. It's usually when it closes/crashes and doesn't have a chance to save queue.

• Is the directory read only?
  • When quitting, does the process stay in task manager?

Hi Lee,

I'm saving files to my NAS. Not sure what you mean about read only. And I will have to check Task Manager, it isn't something that I use. Should I see something in Task Manager when Apex is quit?

I'm fairly new to Apex. I was using version 1.5 for a month or so without this issue, then I upgraded to 1.5.1 when it came out. And this problem just started in the past week.

Does apexdc.exe appear in Task Manager when you quit the program? If you downgrade back to 1.5.0 do you encounter this issue?

The apexdc.exe file does not stay in Task Manager process window when I quit Apex. Should it stay there?

BTW files that I'm downloading that are in progress remain in my queue and continue to download when I relaunch Apex. So I'm pretty sure this problem is with my 0% downloaded files, and also perhaps when the user if offline when re-launching Apex.

How would you suggest downgrading?

One more thing to add -

today some files again disappeared from my DL queue. All queued files that were 0% downloaded disappeared. But this time the user who was seeding the files was online when I quit and relaunched Apex - so my problem does not have to do with offline users.

Downgrade by simply running the 1.5.0 setup file and point it to your installation directory.

I may have experienced a similar issue and had a WTF moment... so I'll keep an eye on it.

YES all mine download files are gone. only the files which is 1 % or more downloaded are there

all other files which are queued is gone

i dont think this is good .

when apexdc starts there is no hub running so how it removes the files as after program is started i run different hubs .

please tell me what to do now

the files are removed which is 0 % downloaded

so many files i have in queue which is 0 % downloaded and all are removed .