Elmix

Speed Issues

1 post in this topic

Hey guys, have a niggling problem, any help would be much appreciated.

Current I connect into a university hub hosted on a LAN. This has previously been working wonders, however when I introduced my router into the equation things took a turn for the worse. For a while it couldn't get active mode, and as a result (i thought) it was only able to download at around 1.5 Meg/S where as normally this number would be up around the 10 Meg/s. So I worked out that the UPnP services in XP weren't working. Get them working and from what i understand its operating in Active mode. The thing that's really getting me is if I take the router out of the equation all problems are fixed and it goes back to working at 10Meg/s. Now i know this router is able to route at above 8Meg/S(Currently I can download off the PPoE setup internet connection at 70Mbit/s), so its not a physical limitation of the router. The final thing that I'm left to assume is causing my problem is that i'm currently running a PPoE router login with the university ISP. I'm left thinking this is where my problem lies. Has anyone ever heard of such a problem and if there is any work around, or maybe I have read the situation wrong and its something else causing the problem would love to get someone else's input on the problem

Regards,

Elmix