Followers 0
theleo

How do you find your Cid?

3 posts in this topic

Helloooo

Environment:

windows win7

Request:

I got as far as setting up my own hub now, (dsHub)I would like to make it a private hub.

For this, only Registered users can join.

To register a user in need the users CID (identification?).

Question:

How in the world do I find it?

Addtitiona info:

If I set up dsHub in Public mode, and users connect, and I register Via Nick, then I can see the CID.

However, if my hub is set to private mode, you can't connect unless you're registered, and to register I need the cid .. sigh..?

The only solution I see is to host 2 hubs, one for registering, one for Private use, but that's rather inconvienent???? or is it not..>? hah?

Thanks dudes,

Helloooo

I got as far as setting up my own hub now, (dsHub)I would like to make it a private hub.

Addtitiona info:

If I set up dsHub in Public mode, and users connect, and I register Via Nick, then I can see the CID.

Hehe Hey theleo

Dunno if i should be glad that u choose our old creation DSHub im afraid however that its a bit outdated these days way better to go with ADCH++ Gui if u want a Gui to messaround in anyways to get the CID of the user simply type +info <username> in a public hub and then pass along the CID we never got around to regging users via nickname and then updating the CID information but ADCH++ can handle that information perfectly.

and again it is more updated to ADC specifications then DSHub is since we stopped making DSHub in the beginning of this year

for more information about ADC in general we have a totally dedicated forum for it at www.adcportal.com

Hope this helps

Toast

the +info thing doesn't seem to do it for me, but I see the idea/point here, thanks.

If I could get aphc++ thingy to work, then I would rather use that :--), posted someng in the other post...

thanks for the quick replies btw.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0