Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
phoenixrising

Search problems

11 posts in this topic

I have two PCs on a network thru a router which is port forwarded on both pc's

PWDC is still set up on the other pc. I just installed Apex on this one. Everything is working normally except for the Search function. It will only search MY share on the PWDC side.

when I check connection settings it says all is OK. I can grab file lists etc. but no search Any ideas?

this sounds like a problem with udp fowarding. do you have more info

this sounds like a problem with udp fowarding. do you have more info

Both TCP and UDP ports are forwarded. This is the same setup i had on peerweb and it works on that client.

One thing I discovered is that if I set it to search only in Passive mode, I can now get a search, but it is limited and I keep getting these messages about it from Apex LOL Believe me if I COULD search any other way I Would.

One thing I discovered is that if I set it to search only in Passive mode

this dose sound like a udp issue. try to catch me ([OP]Cheers) or one of the other support staff in the Apex official Suport hub

i think i know where your going bINKbINK. however most people dont like to post there ip address and it sometimes changes.

if you have any of the following ip address it is probably the wrong address

127.0.0.1 (you shouldn't get this)

10.0.0.0 – 10.255.255.255

172.16.0.0 – 172.31.255.255

192.168.0.0 – 192.168.255.255

169.254.0.0 – 169.254.255.255 (if you have one of these your netwok is not set up probaly)

Edited by balder

i think i know where your going bINKbINK
eheheh :)

however most people dont like to post there ip address and it sometimes changes.

yes, i know... i was just wondering which IP, IP-LAN or IP-WAN...

if you have any of the following ip address it is probably the wrong address

127.0.0.1 (you shouldn't get this)

eheheh :ermm:

yes, i know... i was just wondering which IP, IP-LAN or IP-WAN...

thx balder^^

yes phoenixrising, pay attention to it, which IP you've set...

Its the WAN IP of course. cmon guys give me a break, Ive been using DC++ in one form or another for several years, this isn't the first time I've set it up. and I have it running on two computers simultaneously.

I just went in and put this pc in the DMZ on the router, which I really hate to do, but it worked. Search function works perfectly now.

this dose sound like a udp issue. try to catch me ([OP]Cheers) or one of the other support staff in the Apex official Suport hub

KK I made it to the hub, will keep checking for ya.

I agree with Balder - I have similar setup

Peerweb on machine A

Apex on Machine B

Both can search and dl in active mode

and son on third machine via wireless and he active too so may have been a setup issue or router playing silly bugga's following a reboot.

I know it sounds obvious, but I see it sooooo many times.... Just re-check all port's internal ip's for the machines and ext ip for DC++ sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees :ermm: :lol: :D

I agree with Balder - I have similar setup

Peerweb on machine A

Apex on Machine B

Both can search and dl in active mode

and son on third machine via wireless and he active too so may have been a setup issue or router playing silly bugga's following a reboot.

I know it sounds obvious, but I see it sooooo many times.... Just re-check all port's internal ip's for the machines and ext ip for DC++ sometimes you can't see the wood for the trees ;):D:D

Would it help if I sent you screenshots??? All my settings are correct- but it won't search unless Im either in Passive Search OR in the DMZ. Either one works, but this is not the way it should work.

Would it help if I sent you screenshots??? All my settings are correct- but it won't search unless Im either in Passive Search OR in the DMZ. Either one works, but this is not the way it should work.

Then it's definitely something your end... just recheck everything, change the allowed ports to something else, etc, try all possiblities.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0