viktors

downloading from zero

3 posts in this topic

hey guys, i need help

i downloading some big file [7gb] and i exit Apex. [download not finished].

When i turn apex on, this file start to download from zero again???

how to set to contine downloading from size where i exit the client???

every time i turn on Apex he starts to download from 0 ????

can i fix this some how???

pls thx

this is a common issue.. anyway, when you decide to download a file with apex, the entire file is downloaded in pieces, meaning, apexdc is downloading that file, piece by piece, checking the integrity of each piece it downloads until it downloads every piece and finishes the download..

the size of the piece that's been downloaded is determined by the size of the entire file plus the download speed for the previous piece.. that means if you have a big file to download, the pieces will also be big..

further more, you need to be aware if you close apexdc while it is downloading a piece of file, that piece has not been successfully downloaded, so the next time you turn apexdc on, it will continue to download the file from the last successfully downloaded piece of the file..

shortly, you closed your apexdc before it could finish the first piece of a file, so when you turn it on again, it starts to download that first piece of file again, so it seems it is always downloading from the very beginning..

the piece size for a file as big as 7GB is about 16MB, so try this:

-start downloading the file

-wait until apexdc downloads at least 16mb of data (if you are downloading this file from several users simultaneously, then you have to wait until apexdc downloads at least 16mb from any of those users)

my guess is this.. you've started downloading a big file from several users.. say 10 users.. so, you are downloading it.. and in one moment you decide to turn off apexdc.. but.. none of those users have finished uploading a single piece of file (16mb) to you, so after you restart apexdc, each user will start sending its piece again, from the beginning..

so, before you turn off your apexdx, expand the transfer progress for that file (click the plus sign on the left, for that transfer), wait until some users finish uploading their piece of file to you, and when they start uploading another piece of file, then turn off apexdc and see if it will start from zero or not this time..