Stephen

Changing Return Search Results Limit

6 posts in this topic

First of all, I would like to say excellent job with Apex. At my university Apex DC is the most used DC client.

Now my question; I would like to return more than 10 results from a user in a search. This is because we are storing our data on one file server and need to quickly search for a specific file.

If there is a change that involves code, can you help?

Thanks in advance :)

I solved this by parsing HashIndex.xml and checking if the files exist. And then writing my own search engine with ASP.net. Is there another file i can parse without checking the existence of the files.

hmh.. even though you speak an understandable english, I didn't understand you :angry:

first you say you want ApexDC to return more than 10 results in search results, and then you mention ASP, which has nothing to do with NMDC/ADC protocols (used by ApexDC to communicate with the hubs/clients)..

what are you trying to accomplish? can you describe what's your goal, so we can understand what do you want?

hmh.. even though you speak an understandable english, I didn't understand you :angry:

first you say you want ApexDC to return more than 10 results in search results, and then you mention ASP, which has nothing to do with NMDC/ADC protocols (used by ApexDC to communicate with the hubs/clients)..

what are you trying to accomplish? can you describe what's your goal, so we can understand what do you want?

Sorry man, my goal is to distribute files over my company's network using a DC client. The files are distributed from a central server.

I first started using only a DC client, but this was a problem because only 10 results could be returned.

So I then moved to using an ASP.net based search engine. Thus I extract the data out of HashIndex.xml, search trough it and create a magnet link for running a download.

I was wondering if there is another file that Apex uses that I can use to search trough, because HashIndex.xml contains files that was deleted.

Hope this clarifies things. :)