Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ftflow

Problem when connecting to my own hub

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I recently started my own hub where I have it running on Ptokax with Dixbot script.

In my hub, Apex thinks (or is it my server that thinks?) my WAN IP is 192.168.0.1 and that my client is DC++ 0.706! I can only connect to people in passive mode, and even then it still has problems.

In other hubs, it's all fine and no problems. I've played around a lot with firewall port forwards to no avail. I'm sure it's possible to actively connect to my own server behind the same router, I know a friend who does it.

Many thanks for your help. I guess this is the best place to ask (if it's not, please let me know - not exactly sure if it's an Apex problem or Ptokax problem, or even a router problem)

WAN IP is 192.168.0.1

Your Wan IP is never 192.168.0.1 thats the gateway

Your Wan IP is never 192.168.0.1 thats the gateway

Right Oh on that one, ya need to find out the ip of your machine and enter that in your port settings in your router...I found it best to just go ahead and set a static ip for my machine, saves a tone of resetting.

in case you need to know how to do that, just use command prompt and type ipconfig

Thanks for your replies so far.

I certainly know 192.168.0.1 is not my WAN IP but only my LAN gateway, it sounds like it can't get past my gateway or something.

Although, it now correctly shows me as having Apex, and I can also connect actively, but my IP still shows as 192.168.0.1...I wonder if the problem will arise again (of having to connect passively)

I've always had my client computer (and server computer) as static reserved address in router.

Something's definitely wrong in some way.

Thanks for your replies so far.

I certainly know 192.168.0.1 is not my WAN IP but only my LAN gateway, it sounds like it can't get past my gateway or something.

Although, it now correctly shows me as having Apex, and I can also connect actively, but my IP still shows as 192.168.0.1...I wonder if the problem will arise again (of having to connect passively)

I've always had my client computer (and server computer) as static reserved address in router.

Something's definitely wrong in some way.

seems like I have seen this before, are you connecting to your hub through the IP or through the hub domain name?

If you are connecting via the IP try just going in through the domain name, that may help, I assume you are using something like no-ip to hold your domain.

If you are connecting via the IP try just going in through the domain name, that may help, I assume you are using something like no-ip to hold your domain.

That will only work if his router supports the loopback feature.

I had this same problem with my hub, and found there are a few ways around it.

With Verlihub, all i had to do was edit the database with my 'alternate ip' (my wan ip). I then just logged into the hub as-per normal using the internal address (192.168.0.x). With PtokaX you can set the IP check per profile. Just disallow PtokaX From checking the Owner Profile's IP (assuming that's the profile your using). You can find this option in Profiles.

Hope this helps

-R

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0