wattaman

Restrict file types

4 posts in this topic

Hi!

I'd like to know if there's a way to restrict ApexDC not to share files with a particular extension.

I've recently received this message from a hub:

Shared forbidden file! File: Muzica\Compact Disc Club [iLLUSIONS]\cd2\16. Jose Luis Encinas - Luna De Fiesta.mp3.bc!

I can only guess it's because the file has the .bc extension used by BitComet to mark a file as unfinished download. So probably the hub has this option to ban users that are sharing incomplete files. But, like I've said, is just my guess.

Otherwise, the hub I think is Czech and the file name possible is similar to one of the banned Czech words (I'm guessing again).

However, if there isn't the option to restrict files by extension, please move this to the Feature Requests forum.

Thank you!

There is its called skiplist and itf found under advanced in settings

and here is a good skiplist that should be default for this client

*.dctmp;*.antifrag;*.bc!;*.getright;*.!ut;*.tmp;*.scn;*.asd;*.lnk;*.url;*.log;*.bad;*.missing;*.crc;*.dat;*.sfk;*.m

xm;thumbs.db;System Volume Information;RECYCLER

Edited by Toast

I still don't understand why users can't make an order in their share and must share folders where they download to :P

- Thank you, Toast! I've got it and already modified the settings.

- Big Muscle: talking only from my side: I have many sharing software installed and ApexDC is far from the most used. To simplify my job (as a good member in the sharing community :P ), all the downloads go do the same HDD which is also shared. I couldn't think of much more order. I've set all the programs to add the incomplete file extension, so anyone smart enough can see .bc! (for example) and realise the file is incomplete.

However, is the first time I've encounter this issue - restrict file by extension... and guess what: I was wrong in my guessings. Now I'm not sharing .bc! files but still receiving that message. Probably it was the second option and the file name also means something in Czech.

Anyway, thanks to Toast I've learned something new today :P ... which is good.

Thanks again for the replies!