Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Old Indain

courruptopn of dc++ xml on shut down

2 posts in this topic

Greetings.......I think I have mentioned this before, but never got a real fix for this problem. It went away for some time on apex 1.0.0 but seems to have returned with 1.1.0.

The problem is when ever I have to close the client, something happens with the hash data xml as well as the dc++ xml files. I have have pretty much traced it back to those 2 files, simply by eliminating the files and replacing them with a fresh copy, and each time it has been those 2 files.

What it does is cause the client to hang on startup, and it happens just as the shared folders is loading.

Has anyone else had this problem?.......this will also happen if my ISP crashes on me while I have the client running.

It is damned annoying, the only way I seem to be able to get around it is by dinking with the dc++ and hash data files each time , or installing a fresh copy and starting all over again, this gets to be a long process when you are sharing close to a TB of files.

Thanks

Never had this problem. Presumably you have tried deleting the hash files and re-hashing your share from fresh?

Also, try loading Apex without them and doing a TTH search for each file. Check if they come up with irratic results. Such as different file names for that same TTH, it may indicate some sort of TTH error.

Also, try re-downloading the file's from a different source (perhaps even a different client, torrent etc).

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0