Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
mcravener

1.1.0 and CPU surges

2 posts in this topic

Hey,

I've been a superlatively satisfied user of ApexDC 0.4 and 1.0.1, but the 1.1.0 just does not work for me. Apex 1.1.0 consumes all my CPU resources for no apparent reason (no hashing going on or anything like that). My CPU usage does occasionally drop down to what I'm used to with the 1.0.1 - to around 5-10% but after about 30 seconds it surges again and stays that way for up to 90 seconds. These surges block and lag the use of any program, including ApexDC. Since the use of earlier versions of Apex is no longer allowed, this unresolved issue will force me to change P2P program ;)

Now I am using an antique (almost) 1.8 Mhz Intel Celeron Processor and Win XP Pro SP2, but since the 1.0.1 responded very well to my OS and hardware, I have a hard time thinking it's because of this. Oh yes and I've tried doing both an upgrade install and a clean reinstall of 1.1.0 adding the .xml files from the 1.0.1.

Any ideas?

What happens if you make a clean installation of Apex and transfer only basic settings (like Favorites.xml)?

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0