Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
iceburn

Disable Segmented Downloads

8 posts in this topic

Is there a way to disable segmented downloads or increase the chucks each segment is

Currently I have the mulit source set to disable, and don't begin new segment if over 1 kb and have manually set the segments to 1

But since im on a university lan, i have no need for segments is there a way to disable multi source downloads

but if this is not possible is there a way to increase each segment size chuck

thanks a bunch

If you are on university lan then you need segmented downloading, because it decreases overloading from one single user.

problem is it constantly connecting and reconnecting, we are on a 100mbit line so downloads would go at 10 megs/sec, but now with 1.01 it breaks the chunks down into 1 megabyte and gets it over and over again, which is slower over all.

if not disabling the segmented download is there a way to increase the size of each chunk instead of just 1 megabyte say 500 megs

no, it doesn't connect and reconnect... if it does, then it's problem with your connection and has nothing to do with segmented downloading.

okay but can i increase each segment size

If the client isn't reconnecting then smaller segments won't slow downloads down, there's no need to increase the segment size.

Segment sizing will become dynamic in the next SDC release, however, at present, this is not possible.

it's already dynamic, but due to average speed bug, it doesn't work for really high transfers.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0