Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
abruptum

[Resolved] Import download queue from DC++

3 posts in this topic

I've used DC++ for some time now and just recently tried ApexDC++. I think it's quite good, but my download queue in DC++ is still quite full and since I don't want to search for all those downloads again by hand in ApexDC++, I'm a bit stuck with DC++. It would be nice if there was some import option. Of course this could also be applied to other things (favorite hubs/users, connection settings, TTH info, etc...)

Hi abruptum!

There is a way to import for example queue or favorite hubs/users into apexdc ..... just look for your .xml files in your original DC++ dir and copy them to ApexDC++\Settings dir.....

- ADLSearch.xml (ADL search :) )

- DCPlusPlus.xml (your DC settings ... but as Apex has many more stuff available to set, you'll have to check through your settings after importing this one and tick/untick what you want)

- Favorites.xml (the favorite hubs+users)

- Hashdata.dat (this one and the next one is your hash data!)

- HashIndex.xml (I'm not sure in theese "hash" files, so someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but I don't think hashing procedure changed in the past years, so should work)

- Queue.xml (this is your download queue ... if you copy it into apex' settings dir, you'll see the queue in apex too .... maybe you'll have to search for altenates, but keep that in mind, this is a multi-source client, unlike normal DC++ )

- Recents.xml (your recenetly visited hubs' list)

.... so I guess there is a way to import settings and stuff from old DC++

.... but it really shouldn't take long to check and set the Apex settings, and to tell the client to hash in again all your stuff (it will be done anyway when you select refresh filelist in some amount of time, and it really shouldn't take long unless you have 10 tera of share :( ) .... the really important stuff to copy from old DC++ to ApexDC++\Settings are favorites.xml and queue.xml ... i hope this kinda answer could help you :)

I was afraid to lose my partial downloads so I backed up my Incomplete folder, copied queue.xml from DC++ to ApexDC++ and it worked ;)

Thanks !

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0