Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lizard

[1.0.0B2][Bug] Media Player Classic uses up to 75% CPU

6 posts in this topic

Hello everybody,

I got a problem with Media Player Classic from K-Lite Codec Pack. While Apex is running and MPC playing on top of Apex I got CPU usage up to 75% (P-IV 3GHz)!! :D

When Apex is minimized it goes down to about 10%.

I used the same player with DCDM++ and had no such problems.

Can anybody help me?

greetz

(Maybe also a bug)

Moved to Bugs, does anybody else experience the same usage?

actually i have a similar kinda problem too .... when downloading several files in the same time (for example 10-15) ... or simply there are some huge files (like 2 or 3 with at least 500 MB of size) ..... CPU usage goes up to 60-70 sometimes 90% ... memory usage is always around 50-80 MB (i don't know how many should it be, or how it is on others' computers, but this is much less than before with 0.4.0 or with other strong-based clients)

my CPU is a clumpsy celeron 2.4 (but this is usually similar on my laptop ... i mean 50-70% CPU usage and 90 MB memory usage ... that laptop has coreduo proc 1.8 Mhz)

i only use kaspersky IS, cfos speed, and avant browser or explorer on this pc (the one with the celeron cpu) which could take much of the resources, but they don't ... and so neither programmes.

nod32 on the laptop and lotus softwares .... but the same there ..... dc clients always eat up almost all resources on my pc-s

btw .... this new version ... 1.0.0b2 have frozen several times here without any message generated ... just closing itself, when trying to remove a file from the download queue, or just checking the download queue ... i haven't meet with other kinds of freezes with this version yet (hopefully forever :) )

i have a bit slow connection .... 512K/128K ... if that would be the root cause of the problem.

actually i have a similar kinda problem too .... when downloading several files in the same time (for example 10-15) ... or simply there are some huge files (like 2 or 3 with at least 500 MB of size) ..... CPU usage goes up to 60-70 sometimes 90% ... memory usage is always around 50-80 MB (i don't know how many should it be, or how it is on others' computers, but this is much less than before with 0.4.0 or with other strong-based clients)

my CPU is a clumpsy celeron 2.4 (but this is usually similar on my laptop ... i mean 50-70% CPU usage and 90 MB memory usage ... that laptop has coreduo proc 1.8 Mhz)

i only use kaspersky IS, cfos speed, and avant browser or explorer on this pc (the one with the celeron cpu) which could take much of the resources, but they don't ... and so neither programmes.

nod32 on the laptop and lotus softwares .... but the same there ..... dc clients always eat up almost all resources on my pc-s

btw .... this new version ... 1.0.0b2 have frozen several times here without any message generated ... just closing itself, when trying to remove a file from the download queue, or just checking the download queue ... i haven't meet with other kinds of freezes with this version yet (hopefully forever :) )

i have a bit slow connection .... 512K/128K ... if that would be the root cause of the problem.

I was talking about with the Media Player, not general usage. :)

sorry about that .. i'm still a little dizzy ... need some sleep sometime.

With Apex 0.5.0.572 the CPU usage with Media Player Classic seems to be reduced to about 35% (Pentium IV - 3GHz) but my question is, isn't this still a bit too much?

At the mom I'm still experiencing up to 85-90% :-(

hope you are able to fix this! Thx!

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0