Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tagmook

ApexDC++ conflicting with PeerGuardian

6 posts in this topic

For the longest time, I couldn't figure out why I couldn't connect to this private hub, and then I finally discovered that if I disable PeerGuardian, I can connect to it. Once I enable it, though, I can't connect and I believe I might even get kicked off, though I haven't tested for that yet (just happy being able to share again!).

My question is if there's some reason that PeerGuardian isn't allowing me to connect to said hub and if there was any way to remedy it.

I think I've figured it out. If I enable PG but uncheck the edu list, ApexDC++ runs fine. Is there any way I can figure out exactly what PG is blocking so I can allow that, but let it tackle the rest?

Edit the PG file and remove that entry? Resolve the domain name to IP if it's in that form?

I used two different services online to try and find the IP of the hub. Both gave me different results and neither were on the edu list. So as it stands, even if I knew how to edit the lists - I assume you have to actually download it to do so, whereas I'm just using the one stored on the internet - I wouldn't know which result to take out.

if you are on a windows box try the following

start -> run

cmd /k nslookup [hub address] --- e.g. cmd /k nslookup techgeeks.geekgalaxy.com

this wil give out put like the following

Server: ***.***.***

Address: *.*.*.*

Non-authoritative answer:

Name: techgeeks.geekgalaxy.com

Address: 68.94.183.60

you should then search for the address that appears in the following file C:\Program Files\ApexDC\guarding.p2p (open in notepad). note that you may need to search for only the first three or possibly two octavise to find the correct entry that is blocking your hub. hope this makes sense

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0