Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dagoburd

[Bug] Change colors/userlist icons diaappered

15 posts in this topic

When i changed the color for ignored user is user list , all the icons in front of the nicks disappeared :) Look here to see what i saw :) I tried to reconnect to the hub but afted i got again in , them situation was the same.In the other hubs where i'm the icons were also disappeared. After i restarted the program everything was all right again :P I'm using Apex dc++ 0.3.0 with skype emoticons if there is some importance of that :D

Tried to reproduce, without luck.. could you tell me exactly what you did for this to happen?

From settings -> colors and fonts -> user list colors i changed the color for ignored user in user list from green to black.When i pressed ok an settings window disappered, all the icons in user list were not there :) Adn this was in all hubs where i were.

P.S. Sorry for my english, it is not very good ..

I can't reproduce too. But when I clicked on Ignore User, then Unignore, then Ignore another user (OK, played a little bit several times), they started to change color to Normal for a very short time, or more likely:

1. Ignore two users (A and B )

2. Unignore user A (all OK up to here)

3. Unignore user B (user A gets Ignored again AUTOMATICALLY, user B becomes Normal).

Please split to new topic if necessary.

Edited by Zlobomir

I can't reproduce too. But when I clicked on Ignore User, then Unignore, then Ignore another user (OK, played a little bit several times), they started to change color to Normal for a very short time, or more likely:

1. Ignore two users (A and B )

2. Unignore user A (all OK up to here)

3. Unignore user B (user A gets Ignored again AUTOMATICALLY, user B becomes Normal).

Please split to new topic if necessary.

From where did you adjust the ignore list?

told you so. so its not a Vista issue. i believe this is now confirmned. but a very strange bug. i had this only once.

From where did you adjust the ignore list?

From the GUI, right-clicking with RMB on Ignore (Unignore). Sorry for not being specific above.

Edit: It does not matter. Tried throughout Setting>>Misc, both Remove and Clear, when click on OK and return, the entries are there. Guess I need to manually edit with Notepad now... And restarting Apex does not help.

Edit 2: OK, last revision, it seems OK if I remove entries via Settings, then Restart client (maybe reconnect to hub is enough). Does not seem to write properly in Ignores.

Edited by Zlobomir

From the GUI, right-clicking with RMB on Ignore (Unignore). Sorry for not being specific above.

Edit: It does not matter. Tried throughout Setting>>Misc, both Remove and Clear, when click on OK and return, the entries are there. Guess I need to manually edit with Notepad now... And restarting Apex does not help.

Edit 2: OK, last revision, it seems OK if I remove entries via Settings, then Restart client (maybe reconnect to hub is enough). Does not seem to write properly in Ignores.

It does write them properly it's just that it doesn't keep the list (the one in settings and the one(s) in hubframe(s)) always in 100% sync with each other so something like this could happen, under certain conditions (but it shouldn't be too common), and i haven't yet figured out better way to keep them synced better, and i doubt that i will... (without other issues rising, that is).

But in any case reconnect to a hub or refresh userlist and the lists are synced (these are the two events which you can manually trigger, there is few other too but those user can't affect to)

i don't think that it can be easy reproduced

all images really disappared when client running 60-80 hours. it affects images in 'search type' combo and user icons. may be resource leak or contrary, deleting shared resource linked to some object when deleting object (like bug in 'extra-slot' submenu in favs frame i posted last month. btw, did you confirm that bug?)

(like bug in 'extra-slot' submenu in favs frame i posted last month. btw, did you confirm that bug?)

Yeah confirmed long time ago, and fixed same bug at searchframe also...

Yeah confirmed long time ago, and fixed same bug at searchframe also...

fix in searchframe is redundant, i think. see PM for better one

I am loosing the userlist icons too like I have reported but I can´t reproduce it, It´s more likely to do this after a long uptime, but I will keep trying to reproduce it.

Is it possible to reload the images, or part of the code responsible, or smth like that, on Refresh command? How long must be the runtime approx. for the problem to appear? Does Reconnect to the hub help? Does resizing the frame help...?

I have the same problem...I haven't made any actions like DL, UP or ignore.....just switching between the tabs.. I've used Day_userlist.bmp and got the same bug too... :)

PS. Apex 0.4 Preview

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0