Squelch

[Bug] 0.3.0 Window updates & Missing content

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I have two problems, which may be related.

1. Tab window keeps going blank combined with a 5 to 20 second pause in the client. Downloads appear to still take place, but cpu useage is very high during pause. This occurs shortly after connecting to a hub in a zombie state. ie main window shows connected message then stays frozen until a manual reconnect is done. (all other connected hubs are ok) This problem is tolerable at first, but the whole client then starts to slow down completely over an extended period (several hours), often resulting in me closing it and restarting. I have only noticed this since upgrading to 0.3.0.

2. Own file list does not display. I cannot view my own file list. The tab appears briefly, but then disappears. Is it possible to delete and recreate my list?

Any help would be appreciated.

[edit] I have noticed another minor bug in the gui. When manualy connecting from favorites window, the main window enters the restore state, whereas it was maximised before. Not a real killer but annoying all the same. [/edit]

Hi all,

I have two problems, which may be related.

1. Tab window keeps going blank combined with a 5 to 20 second pause in the client. Downloads appear to still take place, but cpu useage is very high during pause. This occurs shortly after connecting to a hub in a zombie state. ie main window shows connected message then stays frozen until a manual reconnect is done. (all other connected hubs are ok) This problem is tolerable at first, but the whole client then starts to slow down completely over an extended period (several hours), often resulting in me closing it and restarting. I have only noticed this since upgrading to 0.3.0.

2. Own file list does not display. I cannot view my own file list. The tab appears briefly, but then disappears. Is it possible to delete and recreate my list?

Any help would be appreciated.

[edit] I have noticed another minor bug in the gui. When manualy connecting from favorites window, the main window enters the restore state, whereas it was maximised before. Not a real killer but annoying all the same. [/edit]

I can't see anything like what you mentioned above...

I can't see anything like what you mentioned above...

Thanks for the quick reply.

Which bit don't you understand? I'm sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

I managed to get a screen capture of the first problem. It varies between a blank background (as shown) and a transparent background. Otherwise it simply flashes randomly most of the time.

post-3231-1164328728_thumb.png

As for not seeing my own file list, I've tried a rehash without luck. Then I tried removing all shares and adding them back one by one. It still brings up a tab for about a second with what appears to be any random connected hub name after my username.

To clarify my added edit. The main content window (not ApexDC window) enters what in effect the "restore all" from the window dropdown menu button does when connecting to any hub from my favorites list. This, as I said, isn't really too much of a problem but seems related to the other two.

I hope this makes it clearer, and thanks for the time.

Thanks for the details, now next question how many hubs you connected to?

As when you have many hubs open the window "resizing" is known to happen for new hubs opened (this is an old issue that afaik is also in StrongDC)

Also having too many tabs open at once could explain the problems with the tab area too... but regarding opening your own filelist i simply have no clue of what could cause that.

The same problem for me, I am mostly on 6 hubs + download quee + 1 pm

Hub content doesn't refresh - blank screen until you do something . . .

Also when searching again in the same window, there is problem with previous content clearing for second

GK

Thanks for the details, now next question how many hubs you connected to?

As when you have many hubs open the window "resizing" is known to happen for new hubs opened (this is an old issue that afaik is also in StrongDC)

Also having too many tabs open at once could explain the problems with the tab area too... but regarding opening your own filelist i simply have no clue of what could cause that.

Thanks for that.

I generaly have about 20 hubs up at once. I've set the tab space to 10 lines. This is mainly because of the multiple pm's that come in. Mostly bots and security but spam as well. I like to try and read all of these if I can, but would like to suppress some of them if possible.

I find the tab window confusing at best, but when it keeps jumping around (line length causing tabs to move around) and then disappearing I'm now prone to ignoring it completely and using the menus to call up a particular hub or user, which naturaly is slower and less intuitive. The freezing affects other applications unless the client is minimised, which leads me to suspect it's to do with the new graphical enhancements.

I have managed to fix my filelist. I cleared my shares, deleted my hash table and file list manually, and then rebuilt it. A shotgun approach which doesn't show the cause but worked all the same. There does seem to be a problem with filelists in general however. A queued filelist if moused over, crashes the client without error. This happened in the previous version too. Also the browser window when opening existing filelists is very sluggish.

DC++'s flatabctrl needs an update anyways, because it's certainly not the most user friendly, presentation of tabbed windows :D

An update,

Using the Automatically add downloaded files to share option has a big impact on performance. It appears that hashing the new file increases CPU usage greatly, and the disk io causes the freezing. Turning this option off improves the situation, but doesn't cure it completely.