Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
3dfx

Kademlia support ?

10 posts in this topic

will the kademlia network be implemented in the upcoming release or at all ?

It's not something I want personally, although I do believe there will be some reservations. Possibly from me included, but I won't go into that.

will the kademlia network be implemented in the upcoming release or at all ?

don't get me wrong not wanting to be rude, but as long as i am in here and DC's implentation of kad is like it is now kademlia will never end up in ApexDC++ :)

if someone seeks some kind of reason, my answer is private hubs...

i see,i just wanted this matter clear for me personally :)

its useull about 60% of the time...the other half,you just get corrupted DLs :)

If revconnect revised their code to disable downloading/uploading of private hub users then we'd consider this. ;)

If revconnect revised their code to disable downloading/uploading of private hub users then we'd consider this. ;)

I think you don't understand matter of Kademlia. It has nothing to with hubs, so you can't disable it for certain hubs.

I think you don't understand matter of Kademlia. It has nothing to with hubs, so you can't disable it for certain hubs.

I don't understand Kadmelia code wise, but your post is the reason why it's not implemented.

I don't understand Kadmelia code wise, but your post is the reason why it's not implemented.

I think BM was trying to say that as kad has nothing to do with hubs, the code that is ccurrently on revconnect really cannot be made to work hub specificly, as DC and kad are after all two totally different network protocols which work in two totally different ways... (that's how i understood it anyway)

yep,you're right Crise,its just added to 'enable' some extra download/upload functionality but with an unclear 'quality'...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0