Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
liekje

suggestions

7 posts in this topic

I've got the latest release now, and i'm very pleased with it, as i was with the former one, except for a few (small) things:

Unfortunatly it doens't have the feature to see ipnumbers of users in chat (a minor point)

Something that kind of really bugs me is that i can't set the amount of downloads and uploads separetly, this is set by the ratio feature, which means you can have only limited down/uploads or loads of them if you set the ratio to a higher level. I'd rather see them being set by hand separetly.

Regards

Liekje

I've got the latest release now, and i'm very pleased with it, as i was with the former one, except for a few (small) things:

Unfortunatly it doens't have the feature to see ipnumbers of users in chat (a minor point)

Something that kind of really bugs me is that i can't set the amount of downloads and uploads separetly, this is set by the ratio feature, which means you can have only limited down/uploads or loads of them if you set the ratio to a higher level. I'd rather see them being set by hand separetly.

Regards

Liekje

You can enable IP Addresses in Fake Dectector in settings. :D

About the upload/downloads, do you mean the limiter? As that ratio is in force to stop people leeching.

You can enable IP Addresses in Fake Dectector in settings. :)

About the upload/downloads, do you mean the limiter? As that ratio is in force to stop people leeching.

No, i dont mean the limiter, i mean the amount of slots for download/upload. the amount of slots is connected to the ratio. put ratio on 0 and you get 3 download and 3 upload slots (perhaps depending to the amount of hubs you're in). set ratio to 1 and you get 34/34 (in my case). i'd rather have it that i can manually set the amount of slots for download and upload, so i can run more downloads at the same time and have like 2 slots open for uploads

Er, that is already possible. Chang ethe share ratio to 0 and you can set maximum download slots and 2 upload slots.

Why forcing your rules? On our hub, we are building quite large community. It is main goal of the hub, not download. We do not care if someone has anything shared or if he leeches, as long as he is online and contributes to the community. It is our hub policy. And we cannot enforce it because some forced policies are forced within clients?!?!?!

If we want to enfoce limitations, we will do it through hub settings.

Am I wrong or is all this topic shortend to : "I want to remove those restrictions limiting speed limiting" :)

If You want "freedom" don't use limiting at all. I'm sorry but DC is not a torrent, witch is ratio based, so all it has against leechers is to force temporarily upload speeds to be set as high as possible.

Well keep building Your policy, and if You are really persistent about having freedom to chose both limiter settings and slots go and search net out there. There are plenty of leecher mods on the net without any "stupid" restrictions. They often even include fakesharing feautures extra :D

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0