Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Pedja

Better directory error report

5 posts in this topic

This is a minur problem. Often I have reports from members of our net that they cannot download files and error rported is: "could not open target file: The system cannotfind the path".

It ends up that they missconfigured downlaod path. The error message is right bit it does noe tpoint toobvious problem. Can you enhance it? For instance report exact path which causes the error. Users mostly think it was error on the side they are downloading from. Rpoerting local path would lead them to exact cause of the error much obviously.

This is a minur problem. Often I have reports from members of our net that they cannot download files and error rported is: "could not open target file: The system cannotfind the path".

It ends up that they missconfigured downlaod path. The error message is right bit it does noe tpoint toobvious problem. Can you enhance it? For instance report exact path which causes the error. Users mostly think it was error on the side they are downloading from. Rpoerting local path would lead them to exact cause of the error much obviously.

It's a standard windows erro message used, so it should be good enough

It's a standard windows erro message used, so it should be good enough

More likely it is the reason to be bad enough. :D

More likely it is the reason to be bad enough. :P

Exactly what I was thinking. :P

Exactly what I was thinking. :P

ya... it is pretty bad ex.

Windows Crashing on boot...

starting....

BLUESCREEN OF DEATH FLASHES WITH ERROR MESSAGE

starting,....

ANOTHER FLASH!

EDIT: Not that Apex is like that but sometimes a little more detail is nice :) espeacially when I need to come on here and tell you guys what went wrong :P

starting...

it's a bloody infinte loop sometimes ;) and some times you never do fine out what the actual error was :P

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0