Lee

Request a Guide

26 posts in this topic

Requesting a Guide

If you believe a certain guide will help you and anybody else please request them below. Hopefully our staff team or community members will be happy enough to write one for you, so you can keep referring to it, or forwarding it to others.

Please note that this isn't a place for general support, if you're stuck with using ApexDC++ then post in the Support forum. Only request something if you feel it will help others as well. We prefer to keep this guides section full of great content. ^_^

I would propose to start with explaining the Advanced settings, sooner or later each user should setup the program to suit him best.

Great job, I must say. I know its not much of a reward, but hey, don't we do it all for glory here? ;)

of the top of your head how about these :)

- How to upgrade without losing data (queue, profile, etc)

edit: can be found here, cheers lee

- Log formats (all possible combinations so you can have time in filename log etc)

edit2: can be found here

- How to configure the share skiplist (just a simple guide explaining what could go there, etc)

edit3: can be found here

Eeek, it specifically mentions the "Staff team" as writers for the guides in the first post. I really need to get my PC up and running so I can complete/redo those video tutorials...

Hi, I think would be useful a guide for Fake Detector, Action, Misc - Raw etc...

Hi all

A nice guide about this RAW-commands and how to install them and use them within ApexDC++ will be really great.

Thanks in advance for any good work you certainly will do.

Edited by baba.runner

A nice guide about this RAW-commands and how to install them and use them within ApexDC++ will be really great.

Here you go -- cheers Noctis

Hi, I think would be useful a guide for Fake Detector, Action, Misc - Raw etc...

Could you be a bit more precise?

Can someone tell me how i can set up apex dc++ on a Fritz.Box Fon 7050! Because i can connect to a server but i cannot search when i want to searfchsomething it says searching for XXX.... but nothing appears there a no results!

im behind a router and set this up like in the fake but i cant search and everytime i want to connect to smbdy it says timeout! can someone show me how he has configured is apex!??? bcs port forwarder doesnt work for me bcs ma router isnt listed!

Firstly you need to ensure you set up ports for Apex.

One of UDP

One for TCP (2 if you wanna use TLS - not necessary)

Next, you import this into Apex under connection settings. Select manual with port forwarding.

Also enter your IP into the WAN/External IP box.

What about an ADLS guide?

Guide for DC users on Windows Vista, I see many users are having trouble with it. (ex. could not open target file : Access is denied)

Guide for DC users on Windows Vista, I see many users are having trouble with it. (ex. could not open target file : Access is denied)

Better outsource the task to Redmont. We can not guess each bs they do. :P

were did the thread about good DC HUBs go ?

i lost my config files,and also there addresses...

were did the thread about good DC HUBs go ?

i lost my config files,and also there addresses...

I see you found it. :)

could you please do a step by step guide for beginners that explains how to use the program and exactly what to do when you have first downloaded it? i don't really understand anything about hubs and stuff, and i'm really bad with computers so please make it easy to understand thankyouu

Hey,

could anyone please explain how to set up a hub in a lan enviroment? Make it easy to understand, please ^^