Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Ð.Sp!dér

Clicking on the system tray icon showing the program.

9 posts in this topic

Currently, I think is a bug. Alot of "system-trayed" programs are using this.

When I just want a quick preview on how thigs are going I just click it. Then I have to drag the mouse all the way over to the corner of the screen to click the minimize button [ _ ] and that implies alot of work :)

Also, when I stay up all night I'm lazy. Go figure :)

A shortcut would be to click the program in the taskbar once. But sometimes, that's too far as well ;)

So I'm one lazy m0fo. Sue me ! ^_^

My point is that once the icon in the system tray is clicked, and shows the program, another click on it shoud hide it. Or better yet, why does this program have to show up in the taskbar again ? ;)

Currently, I think is a bug. Alot of "system-trayed" programs are using this.

When I just want a quick preview on how thigs are going I just click it. Then I have to drag the mouse all the way over to the corner of the screen to click the minimize button [ _ ] and that implies alot of work :)

Also, when I stay up all night I'm lazy. Go figure ;)

A shortcut would be to click the program in the taskbar once. But sometimes, that's too far as well :P

So I'm one lazy m0fo. Sue me ! ^_^

My point is that once the icon in the system tray is clicked, and shows the program, another click on it shoud hide it. Or better yet, why does this program have to show up in the taskbar again ? :)

You're one helluva lazy m0f0, dude.Even more lazy than me ;) .

About the topic: I personally dont like the idea b'cuz when a user clicks twice apex tray,apex will show itself for 1s and minimize.ppl will think thats some bug.And yes, it can be done customizible, but I think that's waste of human resources.

Use shortcuts instead.

Quite same idea used in miranda-im (works at least in my compilation)), but there you should double click icon to showup and double click again to hide.

how about adding macros keys for show/hide apex (ctrl+alt+<key>)

I too am often lazy and this would probably be the best solution

It's a minor feature anyway. It doesn't bother me that much, but still... Could you fix it ? :)

Personally I use hotkeys to show/hide (and run if notrunning) my most used programs... except things which have multiple windows (eg. Opera). Anyway, you could just do Alt+Space then N.

This may be old news, but what about double clicking the system tray icon to minimize the program away from the taskbar ? Would that work ? uTorrent does it. Why not Apex ? :stuart:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0