Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SMT

TTH Search

16 posts in this topic

when user paste exactly 39 alphanumeric charcters into search string in search frame, i'll be good to auto-set search type=TTH

Or since I guess there is no difference in results if you search for METAL, Metal or metal , when it's ALL CAPS, switch to TTH.

Or since I guess there is no difference in results if you search for METAL, Metal or metal , when it's ALL CAPS, switch to TTH.

But ppl dont know this.SMT's solution's better. :D

And what are we? Gods? Plus, I doubt that anyone will type TTH, so it will be pasted in CAPS. :D Otherwise you should check for each 39 entry. Not to enter CAPS when don't want TTH (don't want change search manually again) is better IMHO.

And what are we? Gods? Plus, I doubt that anyone will type TTH, so it will be pasted in CAPS. :D Otherwise you should check for each 39 entry. Not to enter CAPS when don't want TTH (don't want change search manually again) is better IMHO.

Why not "TTH: then the TTH" ?

Apex will only have to check the length.My point is that if your solution is implemented when someone enters something in the search with all capital letters apex will automatically switch to TTH and what - that user aint gonna find anything and blame apex for that.In SMT's way you dont have to write TTH or TTH: - just paste the code...

...and what if you type in some 39 characters long entry, which is not TTH (not very likely, but still)? BTW, since it should be option (default old behaviour), if done at all, both ways may be included, hopefully the coding will be just a bit more compared wuith only one-way option.

I think the chance of a user entering 39 char. long string is less possible than entering a string with caps lock on.It will be best if they both get implemented from a user's point of view, but we must try to save some work to our devs.

I think the chance of a user entering 39 char. long string is less possible than entering a string with caps lock on.It will be best if they both get implemented from a user's point of view, but we must try to save some work to our devs.

Agreed, Specifically since theres a bunch of selective people who enjoy in writing in caps all the time... if you were gonna do this I'd say use 39 char. as an entry as I believe the chances of someone writing a 39.char entry that is not TTH is extremely unlikely.

TTH on [Pasted]+39+CAPS?

TTH on [Pasted]+39+CAPS?

you mean do TTH search when string is

Pasted And 39 Char And CAPS?

or

Pasted Or 39 Char Or CAPS?

I'm pretty sure you mean the 1st one... but I'm just checking :P 1st one makes Sense and I think would eliminate almost all random input that would be incorrect.

Yep, the first one. :P Another way is to find space for a new button - TTH Search.

Edited by Zlobomir

well, i've implemented this in mod s8.2

available here: http://portal.san.ru/forums/index.php?show...c=2499&st=0

i'm really unhappy that topics in 'lounge', that even don't violate forums rules, are closed. btw, PPA found a couple of serious bugs in memory management, that could corrupt heap: allocating with new[] but freeing with delete, not delete[] (see files DownloadManager.cpp, HubFrame.cpp, PrivateFrame.cpp)

well, i've implemented this in mod s8.2

available here: http://portal.san.ru/forums/index.php?show...c=2499&st=0

i'm really unhappy that topics in 'lounge', that even don't violate forums rules, are closed. btw, PPA found a couple of serious bugs in memory management, that could corrupt heap: allocating with new[] but freeing with delete, not delete[] (see files DownloadManager.cpp, HubFrame.cpp, PrivateFrame.cpp)

Yes i know i have already fixed it in our svn a while back... ^_^

Edit: regarding that topic, i think Lee was being reasonable...

i'm not sure about it, but i seem to remember a Encoder::isBase32 function i saw in the ShareManager::translate of an older DC++, or a mod of it.

it was used to check whether the file requested for download, passed as a string to this translate function was the path to a file, or a TTH.

if this can be used, you won't need to add "TTH:" before the search string; a valid TTH could just be recognized by that function.

edit: found it, in RevConnect: http://reverseconnect.cvs.sourceforge.net/...cpp?view=markup

although it seems trivial, it might be enough for the request. i doubt anyone is going to type 39 alphanumeric chars anyway...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0