Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Delta-Z

[Support] User with fireball

15 posts in this topic

Please take time to fix this typo. Typos like this make the client look amateurish.

In preferences -> user list colors

supposed to be fireWall

doesn the fireBall mean, that the user uploads 100kB/s and more?

You are correct. Change that to misleading text :)

It is not something that is widely known, never saw anywhere outside this forum. So it requires explanation.

For example on the Sharing page in preferences, there is an explanation on what Small Uploads Slots are (BTW, that should read Small Upload Slots :blink:). So "User with fireball" => "User with fireball (fast uploads)"

Or simply "Fireball (fast) user"

Please take time to fix this typo. Typos like this make the client look amateurish.

I agree with your point about typos. Here's one I pointed out several releases ago that still has not been fixed: During list generation, there is a progress message that includes the phrase:

"user has choosen not to share..."

The correct spelling of the past participle of the verb "choose" is "chosen" (choosen is not a word). Please fix. Thanks! :D

..gadasch

there is no typo here about fireballed user. yeah i concur it seems a bit complex and misleading for the n00bs. but overall i wouldnt change a bit.

Hehe, as has been covered their is no typo. However, maybe if it;s not clear to people the description should be changed? "Fast (100kB/s+) fireball user." may be more appropriate, I mean someone has picked up on it and been mislead so it;s obviously not too clear.

"user has choosen not to share..."

The correct spelling of the past participle of the verb "choose" is "chosen" (choosen is not a word). Please fix. Thanks!

lmao :P thanks for spotting that one hoewver it is probably a bug in dc++ or sdc can you please see if it appears there and reports in the apropriate forum :P

Edited by balder

it is probably a bug in dc++ or sdc

You're probably right but I don't have/use either one of those clients. Hardly seems worthwhile to go get them just to identify the source of a typo. Was hoping the origin of the message would be immediately obvious to Apex developers and somebody could notify the correct party.

Forgive me, I realize that many of the developers are not native English-speakers, and I'm not here to criticize anybody's English skills. But misspellings like that really should be corrected because they give the impression that the developer was careless.

..gadasch

But misspellings like that really should be corrected because they give the impression that the developer was careless.
:ermm: well to me it makes them look human. off by one buffers and not performing boundary checking shows carelessness. anyway i wasn't saying dont report it here it needs to be fixed in the appropriate place package otherwise it will need fixing in each release and the best way to get it fixed will be to do it your self and send in a patch most the people developing this will be tryning to deal with the massive list of bug reports and feature requests that they all have instead of trying to correct spelling mistakes, especially when the same word can be spelt in many different ways depending on where you come from Edited by balder

:) well to me it makes them look human. off by one buffers and not performing boundary checking shows carelessness. anyway i wasn't saying dont report it here it needs to be fixed in the appropriate place package otherwise it will need fixing in each release and the best way to get it fixed will be to do it your self and send in a patch most the people developing this will be tryning to deal with the massive list of bug reports and feature requests that they all have instead of trying to correct spelling mistakes, especially when the same word can be spelt in many different ways depending on where you come from

Why are you being so argumentative? I am neither a developer nor part of an official test team for the ApexDC client. I am simply a user who would like to see the client continue to get better. I am doing my duty to report bugs I find, large and small. I don't really care whose software is layered on top of whose.

In general, I think the developers are doing a great job as volunteers on this project and I appreciate their work. If not all bug reports are going to get attention, so be it. I know the drill.

..gadasch

IMHO he is just explaining in the most polite way that there are more important things, so you don't expect this to be fixed for sure in the next release, and be more angry if it doesn't.

In case anyone of you is already angry, please cool down. :)

gadasch, didn't mean to offend but well Zlobomir explained it nicely ;)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0