Lee

Welcome to ApexDC++

82 posts in this topic

I don't think it's going to be that easy :P (site is back online, maybe it was down because of high traffic, it's down from time to time).

Every next RC rel. it takes longer and longer, and no more CVS access... well I hope it's worth all the waiting.

What should one do to become ApexDC++ betatester?

(except guess_ApexDC++_release_date_contest)

I don't think it's going to be that easy :P (site is back online, maybe it was down because of high traffic, it's down from time to time).

Every next RC rel. it takes longer and longer, and no more CVS access... well I hope it's worth all the waiting.

Currently there is no other way of getting a tester status, as only previous testers from pwdc++/next++ will get it for now.

(new tester positions might open up later though, and in that case you should ofcourse prove yourself worthy of the position)

But if someone really wants access to betas, they should check the Mini FAQ :)

Edit: currently though there aren't any betas as we are waiting rc11, only thing that people with access to beta forum will currently get is:

• Extended todo-list
  • Access to WIP Guides section for ApexDC++

but ofcourse the first beta will emerge at once after rc11 is out (read: within few days from the release of rc11)

The only current way is to donate. Like Crise said there are extended to-do lists and ideas that you can contribute to. Once RC11 is out, a vast amount of betas will be released soon after. :P

I have just installed a new mod that resizes large dimension images to fit the forum topic rather than it distorting the width and forcing you to scroll across. You can see an example of this below:

you know it would be nice if you could atleast come out with a small beta wile we wate so we know wat to expect when RC11 comes out and the real project starts you know?

you know it would be nice if you could atleast come out with a small beta wile we wate so we know wat to expect when RC11 comes out and the real project starts you know?

But everything coded in this beta will have to be re-coded when RC11 is out, since it's compiled on VS 2005. It's very pointless.. :D

Why would you need to re-code every feature when that one comes out?! :S That seems even more pointless to me. If you do an function it will (might do some minor fixes) work on the new version.

Why would you need to re-code every feature when that one comes out?! :S That seems even more pointless to me. If you do an function it will (might do some minor fixes) work on the new version.

Well, a lot of stuff didn't actually compile with pwdc under Vs 05.

I changed 4 lines in my client to get it compiling on VS 2005. :)

Will you be merging to RC11? For us to do so, it will require a large amount of modification to the code. :D

No, Since I don't use StrongDC++ code, I don't need to wait till it gets released to code :D . Well, Only thing I can't understand is why stop coding only because you "have" to wait for an release.

No, Since I don't use StrongDC++ code, I don't need to wait till it gets released to code :D . Well, Only thing I can't understand is why stop coding only because you "have" to wait for an release.

I made this decision because when we wait RC11 before doing anything we are sure that all the fixes of RC11 will be in ApexDC++ as well. I know that it could be done by merging, but i rather do it this way because between RC10 and RC11 is lot of changes and i'm not too keen on hunting all these changes down. :), yes i know there exists many good comparison programs, but as we used cvs with PWDC++, evry file will be different in eyes of such program.

And yet another reason is that i want to "get rid off" some of my own fuckups and certain customizations that will certainly not be compatible with RC11...

Oh and i have not stopped coding, i'm testing things out with old pwdc src's (nothing big though) and if they work good they will perhaps be in ApexDC++ as well

Edit: Also CraKteR getting current PWDC++ source to compile with VS 2005 is not a problem (we released an experimental beta compiled on 2005) but as the changes MS made to VS 2005 cause some weird crashes (and whole lot of other bugs), we reverted back to VS 2003...

<-- no problem running VS 2005 builds, altho haven't tried StrongDC++ code. And I haven't updated to STLPort 5 yet. (old fashion, why update if it's not broken).

Anyways, with almost all features you can do it without touching the other parts of the code, just adding one line. Make new files and just add them to the source where you want it, easier to upgrade to new StrongDC++ aswell, if you want later.

Anyways, with almost all features you can do it without touching the other parts of the code, just adding one line. Make new files and just add them to the source where you want it, easier to upgrade to new StrongDC++ aswell, if you want later.

true but f.ex. GeoIP won't fully work (loads only parts of it) with 2005, due changes MS made to some functions

(atoi-functions if i'm not mistaken) this is the only problem that might exist with mods other than SDC++, oh and then there is the toolbar separator problem, that might also appear in other mods...

i think it's no use for e beta yet until RC 11 is released ... should we have a beta with problems or something else or a client after RC 11 with many bugs fixed and a stable one ... ?

<-- no problem running VS 2005 builds, altho haven't tried StrongDC++ code. And I haven't updated to STLPort 5 yet. (old fashion, why update if it's not broken).

interesting, but STLPort 4 doesn't work under VS2005. Actually I use my modded STLPort where's fixed bug which is there since version 4.

Well it does, if you don't need to compile it (I don't need to compile it). Works great. No problems with it. :D

I might change soon tho.

true but f.ex. GeoIP won't fully work (loads only parts of it) with 2005, due changes MS made to some functions

(atoi-functions if i'm not mistaken) this is the only problem that might exist with mods other than SDC++, oh and then there is the toolbar separator problem, that might also appear in other mods...

Ther compatibility with older CRT functions can be reactivated in VS2005, in order to compile properly. In any case, using the new *_s functions is recommended, if possible to port the code accordingly.

interesting, but STLPort 4 doesn't work under VS2005. Actually I use my modded STLPort where's fixed bug which is there since version 4.

It works, but you have to eliminate some ooky errors and two or three idiotic ambiguous definitions...

Or you can just use the pre-compiled version...

I'm playing with the source code of DC++ 0.687 right now... It's kinda` nice to look at... Can't wait to see how StrongDC RC11 will perform... And ApexDC, well... I did promise to build a hub specifically for ApexDC users...

God Damn :unsure: This Waiting Kills Us All ! :)) i really wonder about when will RC11 be released you guys said it's almost done but it seems that takes a little bit more :) we'll wait :) :) :blushing: I will :) I Really Think It Will be the best DC Client Ever !!