Lee

Welcome to ApexDC++

82 posts in this topic

Introduction

Welcome to ApexDC++, home of the new StrongDC++ modification from the creators of PeerWeb DC++. A new project was in need, we wanted backing from two major P2P websites (PeerWeb and neXTPeer) and we now have it. Furthermore, many hub networks including The Ascendent Network, and TechGeeks Online are already supporting ApexDC++. Expect ApexDC++ to be very popular - more so than PeerWeb DC++! :)

Before we go any further, I'd like to show the team's appreciation for the amount of support we've received. Donators have allowed us to get the site off the ground, and support from hub owners and networks will increase the project's popularity fast.

Development

ApexDC++ will be based on the upcoming StrongDC++ RC11 release, fixing a huge amount of bugs and increasing the mod's efficiency at transferring. Due to my Beta Tester role at StrongDC++, I can tell you this version is going to rock. And so will ApexDC++.

Our program will consist of the popular features found in PeerWeb DC++ before we make progress in developing true features in the client. If you enjoyed a feature in PeerWeb DC++, ensure we know about it to include it in ApexDC++. Internal betas will be provided to Donators (All donations go towards mirrors, the IPB license and new C++ coders) and Beta Testers. Currently, we are not excepting any Beta Testers (PeerWeb DC++'s Beta Testers are welcomed back to this project). However, you may check out our new competition that will grant you Beta Tester status! Or, you can help out with the hosting and forum license costs by donating (this will grant you permission to use betas).

The first official version of ApexDC++ will be 1.0 Beta. This version will have new themes, graphics, features from PeerWeb DC++ and others clients, and any other features we manage to intergrate in a short space of time. However, we need to wait until Big Muscle releases StrongDC++ RC11 before we do any coding. Expect 1.0 Beta to be out soon after.

Site and Forums

The website is currently being developed. It will include a very smart and simplistic design, with screenshots, features, downloads, poll, updates, staff list, etc available. This website will be more advanced than PeerWeb DC++'s, due to Nas coding it. The forums will be skinned soon. Nerdcore GFX is our official Graphics creators, so please check them out! They'll start work soon with new splash screens, headers, logos, etc. :)

Please spread the word, and go register! :)

Glad to know a new project has emerged. Also i hope this is beyond popular than PWDC++ and builds up a good reputation soon.

Rctempire

As a Founder of The Ascendent Network and Co Owner of TGO we look forward to doing all we can to help. Wonder if I can talk the MOderators in here into giving me a thread for comments on TGO, and for help files. in the new TGO (which just went back into testing) there are many how to's and questions answered, in All your right clicks.. its our new Menu help system, designed to help ppl with basic questions.. when launched again we hope that it will be as helpful if not more helpful than planned..

-Sidey

I just can't wait anymore :), i am very curious about ApexDC++, but i will wait any time for it :) !

Bloody cool! You'll get my share when I get the app. Soon I hope? :)

The topic does give a rough estimate as to when ApexDC++ will be out. :)

?? what do you mean with this

He just wants us to shout that ApexDC++ is FREE! :)

He just wants us to shout that ApexDC++ is FREE! :)

Ok, but isn't it obivious, PWDC++ was free so is ApexDC++ too, besides if i'm correct in this case the license even doesn't allow us to make ApexDC++ commercial, so it should be obivious really :)

Ok, but isn't it obivious, PWDC++ was free so is ApexDC++ too, besides if i'm correct in this case the license even doesn't allow us to make ApexDC++ commercial, so it should be obivious really :)

Heh, lighten up. :) :)