Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
JazzMike

[Support] Both slots taken by same user

4 posts in this topic

I'm only in one hub, so have not experienced this. A friend brought to my attention that he is in two hubs, only having a total of two slots. Another user in both of these hubs as well is receiving file(s), one each in both hubs, taking up both of his available slots. It appears that a segment of the same file, or the same file is being sent via each hub. Of course no one can get a slot now. I didn't think this was possible. Looked for a setting to control it, found nothing. Am I overlooking something obvious. Thank you.

(Searched for topic, could not find anything. Apologies if it's been covered)

I'm only in one hub, so have not experienced this. A friend brought to my attention that he is in two hubs, only having a total of two slots. Another user in both of these hubs as well is receiving file(s), one each in both hubs, taking up both of his available slots. It appears that a segment of the same file, or the same file is being sent via each hub. Of course no one can get a slot now. I didn't think this was possible. Looked for a setting to control it, found nothing. Am I overlooking something obvious. Thank you.

(Searched for topic, could not find anything. Apologies if it's been covered)

I believe your friend just has to live with that, at least as long NMDC (the current protocol) is used...

I'll later try to find a discussion i read about this earlier to give you some more details :D

Many thanks for all the information.

As it's not server controllable, he'll just have to live with it for now.

As a server I do not like this, and it shuts out people who should get a slot, but of course a leecher's delight.

Thanks again.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0