FunkyDuck

Apex sounds

9 posts in this topic

Hi, I would like to start out by saying how much i love ApexDC++. I tried at least 6 different dc clients before coming across Apex and at first site of it I decided it was my favorite. Apex is not only the best looking client I've used, its also the only one that performes up to expectations.

The only thing i have found it lacking in is more sounds, such as a pleaseant tone when one recieves a private message or some sort of notification other than balloon popups when files are finished would be nice.

I am a Op in Kingsize and deal with allot of users having issues with thier clients. I always recomend they switch to Apex and tell them its the sexier DC. I havent come across anyone that switching to Apex and helping them set up hasnt fixed thier problem.

Thanks for a awesome program and keep up the good work. :blushing:

Sounds will increase Apex install size.Maybe making several editions of Apex: 'Normal' edition - only one theme , no sounds and 'Extended' edition - several themes , many emo-s , sounds and PG.

Have you ever tryied PeerWeb DC++ ? I was developed by the same team as Apex :) And it fully supports oDC-based clients.

A sound add-on sounds great. (Get it ? :))

I second this request. At least private message sound should be included in distribution.

For those who dont know, there are lot of sound files in C/Windows/media folder, just pick a sound from that folder that you like or you could dl the sound-pack I posted here before.

If the program would come with all the addons it the file would be more than 10mb and thay don´t wan´t that.

Maybe I will make a addon pack for DC

i would like to see this radox.. and more adverts about the add ons that are out there (official and unofficial) for apex.. I think this would trigger more ppl doing development on their own to make apex add ons better..

Shame I don't seem to have much time anymore, I started creating some toolbar icons for apex which never got finished... doub thtey will now, oh well.

As for these sounds, I don't have much of an opinion, the only sound that I want coming out of my computing is music so I have all application and windows sounds disabled.