Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
dagoburd

Update Ip on reconect

7 posts in this topic

I'm using a pppoe connection but my connection dropes a lot.So every time when it drops and it reconects my ip is diffrent , and so my apexdc is not working, so i have to shut it down and to start it again .. sometimes a forget and it isn't very nice to have 30 Mb ram used by apexdc++ but actually it isn't doing anything :) So if there is a way for a functiuon to update ip on every reconect of the internet connection.(as it is now to update ip on startup, also very good function :P )

Thank you. Your program is very good :D

I think that the problem is more with your ISP. 1, he disconnects you too often, and 2, he has set too short period for IP expiry.

Still you could try with the dyndns updater. http://www.dyndns.com/support/clients/

Even it is'nt diconecting regulary, it is normal do get disconected some times :) The period is not so short, but if you get reconected every time you are given new IP :) ... m how can i use in tahta case dyndns .. i have a unchangable host by my ISP and also i';m using no-ip.com so i have one more stattic host :blushing: .. but how can i use them ? :)

Even it is'nt diconecting regulary, it is normal do get disconected some times :) The period is not so short, but if you get reconected every time you are given new IP :) ... m how can i use in tahta case dyndns .. i have a unchangable host by my ISP and also i';m using no-ip.com so i have one more stattic host :blushing: .. but how can i use them ? :)

just enter your No-IP host instead of the IP in the connection settings of ApexDC++ :)

(and untick "update the IP automatically"...)

enter in box 2

'update ip ot every startup'

no you dont

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0