Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
seli

Clients to chat on DC hubs

9 posts in this topic

Posted at dcpp.net

I've been fiddling around for a while now and I've put together a client that allows you to use an IRC client to connect to and chat on a direct connect hub. It's currently only available for linux

www.bitlbee.org

www.sourceforge.net/projects/pidge

Wouldn't that be nice?!

A tiny program you could launch whenever you'r feeling lazy at school or work, just to kick off your shoes and chat with your good old peers.

The easiest way would be to grab the apex source code, remove everything but the Main Chat window and launch it..

right?

i already mentioned that more then a year ago. no one was actually interested in coding it.

Hi seli, is this you from Shareaza? Welcome if so. :)

It would be nice yes, but we're too busy with organising our 0.3.0 release right now. :P

Been thinking of miranda-im plugin for DC chatting, but have no time to try by now :).

Haha, I know the guy that made pidge. It works ok, although it added a new prefix to my name every time i connected at one point. I'll tell him he's famous.

Well, when I say it's only available for linux, what I mean is that some enterprising person would run it on a linux shellhost, and it would appear to the outside world to be just like an IRC server. It can then (with the appropriate configuration/yelling at me on IRC) shunt people into a specific hub (a client whitelist will be implemented if desired). Still working on it in terms of user-friendliness though. So no, most users would just need an IRC client.

It made sense at the time!

[edit]

Sup TBI

Hi seli, is this you from Shareaza?
yes it's me...

I started hiding in private hubs when you guys released Peerweb DC.

ApexDC is a nice client so please keep up the great work.

yes it's me...

I started hiding in private hubs when you guys released Peerweb DC.

ApexDC is a nice client so please keep up the great work.

Can I see your ID card, please? ^_^

Wouldn't that be nice?!

A tiny program you could launch whenever you'r feeling lazy at school or work, just to kick off your shoes and chat with your good old peers.

The easiest way would be to grab the apex source code, remove everything but the Main Chat window and launch it..

right?

Zion++ Yellow does this for you :)

Here is the Link

See you,

Keine

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0