Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lee

IPB 2.1.5 and Update

19 posts in this topic

Invision Power Services recently published a new update of their popular board software that these forums run on. Therefore, today, I upgraded the forums to 2.1.5. This version fixes 50 bugs, meaning the forum's stability should be improved. You can find out what changes and fixes occurred by visiting their announcement. An another forum related note; I uploaded some new emoticons for members to use on the forums. :)

Work continues on ApexDC++, with great input from our members. BeertjeWit submitted a request, displaying flags not only in the transfer view, but to improve it further by displaying them on the user list. This is definitely something we'll consider implementing. Another popular request is the option to pause files that appear in the transfer view instead of going to download queue > set priority. The ratio command will be available in the client due to the feature being used regulary with PeerWeb DC++. Check out the full list of features expected for 1.0 (please note the list may increase over time - it's not finalised).

Graphical concepts have come a long nicely. Inkorp has been working hard producing logo concepts for ApexDC++ and we'll reveal them - along with splash screens - soon! :w00t:

Update: Image concepts have been been posted in the Beta/Donator area. Once selections have been made, a public show-off will be posted. :)

Updated announcement regarding the recent showings of logo concepts for ApexDC++ in the Beta/Donator forum. Users should see the popular logo(s) soon! ;)

i see you've added a reputation modification..

nicee ^_^

Indeed. I have installed a few mods today:

• User Reputation: View your rep in My Controls - Donators/Beta Testers can see who left comments (you can give out 10 points a day, not to the same person)
  • Team images and pips: Beta Testers, Donators, Staff now have pips allocated to the number of posts
  • My Assistant: You can now delete, reply and view the full message of new PM's
  • Switch Posting Interface: You can now switch between standard editor and rich text editor while posting
  • Global Forum Message: This will be displayed when new versions are released, to notify forum members

More mods to come as I see them..

Indeed. I have installed a few mods today:
  • User Reputation: View your rep in My Controls - Donators/Beta Testers can see who left comments (you can give out 10 points a day, not to the same person)
  • Team images and pips: Beta Testers, Donators, Staff now have pips allocated to the number of posts
  • My Assistant: You can not delete, reply and view the full message of new PM's
  • Switch Posting Interface: You can now switch between standard editor and rich text editor while posting
  • Global Forum Message: This will be displayed when new versions are released, to notify forum members

More mods to come as I see them..

Not = Now ?

Umm...if this is 2.1.5 how come it says 2.1.4 on the bottom?

probably because most likely Lee had to do manual update because of the mods that we have installed...

Heh, anybody actually used the reputation mod? Only time I used it was to test it. Hmm... maybe we'll see it get used though.

Heh, anybody actually used the reputation mod? Only time I used it was to test it. Hmm... maybe we'll see it get used though.

I don't know. I might disable it later on.. does anyone use it?

Yep, not needed, but it gives the forums some star (like extras in hotels :) ). If not consuming too much of smth, why not leave it on?

Edited by Zlobomir

It uses a query or more... I've disabled it for now.

Anywhere.

You didn't say that when I installed it. :blushing: ;)

I thought it may get used or something but it doesn't. I've yet to see a forum where it does get used... if I do then fair enough I'll "take back" that statement. :blushing:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0