Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
megacolon

[support] umlauts

8 posts in this topic

hei,

why are ä ö ü etc. changed to a o u etc.? that's really annoying for me :)

uncheck "Remove diacritic marks...." (and so on) in Settings > Appearance :ermm:

uncheck "Remove diacritic marks...." (and so on) in Settings > Appearance :)

I was gonna say that too, but i made a test with my Apex : "Remove diacritic marks...." was unchecked.I typed "ä ö ü" in the MC - they appeared as "a o u".I sent a PM to a friend asking him to copy it and send it back to me (he's with Apex too) and they appeared as "a o u" again.Maybe it's hub related ?

Hubs provide information about the clients, as well as file searching and chat capabilities

uncheck "Remove diacritic marks...." (and so on) in Settings > Appearance :)

Thanks, that helps. Weird to call umlauts "czech diacretic marks", though! Well, maybe BigMuscle reads this.

I was gonna say that too, but i made a test with my Apex : "Remove diacritic marks...." was unchecked.I typed "ä ö ü" in the MC - they appeared as "a o u".I sent a PM to a friend asking him to copy it and send it back to me (he's with Apex too) and they appeared as "a o u" again.Maybe it's hub related ?

It could be that for some settings you always have to restar your client!

It was unchecked (it was never checked in first place).Now i tested it again.It didnt work (in MC and with a friend with PWDC)

IMHO it should remove these marks from the text written to you, not to remove them from the text you type, since you have full control over your KB layout.

Edited by Zlobomir

IMHO it should remove these marks from the text written to you, not to remove them from the text you type, since you have full control over your KB layout.

I have seen people with SDC and ApexDC that had that setting checked, and whatever they posted to mainchat, had the äöü converted to aou. Also they saw the converted version in mainchat, although definitely writing umlauts in the first place. So this appears to me like what is sent from the client to MC is also converted.

EDIT: Oh, and as far as I remember they could very well see the umlauts others wrote in MC...

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0