Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ent0r

add a close TAB button

11 posts in this topic

Wouldn't it be nice, if your apexdc++ would provide the same comfortability as firefox, and you dont have to "rightlcik - >choose close TAB" anmore?

well unless i have missed an option, that would enable me to do so.

And it should jump to the next TAB and not the last used TAB, afterwards.

You can use the middle button (press the wheel) to close a tab.Also there is a close button below the close button for apex.

You can use the middle button (press the wheel) to close a tab.Also there is a close button below the close button for apex.

And Shift + LMB on the tab does the same...

Edited by Zlobomir

tabs need a bit of work. don't know how much is possible, allot of this has already been mentioned. doesent hurt to post it again.

-grouping of similar tabs (as in Win XP)

-seperating HUBS from PM's (visually or positionally)

-seperating 'favorite hubs' tab, 'download queve' tab, 'public hubs' tab.. etc. - also either visually or positionally maybe to the top, just below the toolbar buttons.

-adding little X's on the tabs as suggested :)

what do you think?

edit: ohh and removing the 'bolding' of the HUB tab when a new message has been posted, couse it changes the width of the tab. maybe replacing it with a color change of the text or underline effect, anything just not the bold effect.

such estetic changes would definitely differ Apex from Strong, make it pretty unique.

Edited by Seeker

edit: ohh and removing the 'bolding' of the HUB tab when a new message has been posted, couse it changes the width of the tab. maybe replacing it with a color change of the text or underline effect, anything just not the bold effect.

such estetic changes would definitely differ Apex from Strong, make it pretty unique.

If you want to remove the bolding effect : "Settings" / "appearance" / "tab bolding on content change" and deselect what ever you want.

your missing my point, i want to be notified of content change, somehow.. just don't want my tabs to change width.

what do you think?

I have to say I agree :) those would be great changes. Though one more which kinda goes with the bolding thing is if with the ballon pop ups when you get a pm if they were linked so that when you click on it would pull Apex up showing said PM.

I have to say I agree :) those would be great changes. Though one more which kinda goes with the bolding thing is if with the ballon pop ups when you get a pm if they were linked so that when you click on it would pull Apex up showing said PM.

Yes, these will be great small utilities. But I'm afraid that there is already enough stuff for a universe of coders.

Yes, these will be great small utilities. But I'm afraid that there is already enough stuff for a universe of coders.

I bet, and I understand :) You guys do great work and probably have thousands of request to deal with. Thanks for a great client, and who knows maybe I can get off my lazy self and try to write a patch for it :ermm:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0