Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BeertjeWit

Flag in userslist

9 posts in this topic

Hello, i like to see where a user is coming from so if he/she is asking something or i send him/here a PM in witch language i have to do it. So maybe its a option te see the countryflag behind the usersname?

greetz Beertje :)

Still, if I remember well, before we discussed that it could be a case with an Englishman living in Poland, f. ex. Also, I suspect GeoIP is not perfect. So I personally trust more the prefixes, if not I try the 3-4 languages I spoke, starting with English. :)

Still, if I remember well, before we discussed that it could be a case with an Englishman living in Poland, f. ex. Also, I suspect GeoIP is not perfect. So I personally trust more the prefixes, if not I try the 3-4 languages I spoke, starting with English. :)

Thanx Lee, and yes Zlobomir we discussed this before but i was out for a time. And glade to be back and see you guys here.

Greetz Beertje

I believe the country of origin flag is only retrieved when you start a download from someone? If so putting it into the userlist could be a little less hassle.

I believe the country of origin flag is only retrieved when you start a download from someone? If so putting it into the userlist could be a little less hassle.

Well, it may be possible to make it show when you mouse-click (select) the user. If it is retrieved for all users when you enter the hub, the entering could be a little longer. Similar with retrieving song info in Winamp... :)

Offtopic: Glad to see you too, Beertje! :w00t:

Edited by Zlobomir

Well, it may be possible to make it show when you mouse-click (select) the user. If it is retrieved for all users when you enter the hub, the entering could be a little longer. Similar with retrieving song info in Winamp... :)

Offtopic: Glad to see you too, Beertje! :w00t:

What I am saying is, it may be required for you to (start a) download from someone before this info becomes availble. The easiest option would be to download there filelist... or start to download it to get this info. Anyway, this was an if, although I think it's probable a download from a user is needed I'm far from certain.

What I am saying is, it may be required for you to (start a) download from someone before this info becomes availble. The easiest option would be to download there filelist... or start to download it to get this info. Anyway, this was an if, although I think it's probable a download from a user is needed I'm far from certain.

This just made me realize that the current columns for IP, PK String and Lock, that we have, also show info only when you start to download smth from the user (just checked it).

My idea was that there could be an option to send some ping-like command to the users in userlist (not to all simultaneously, it will probably lead to overload). This command further can be customized to run only when the user clicks another user in the list, or in the background, continuously adding user info, or not to run at all (to have the old program behaviour). Not very clear explanation... :)

This just made me realize that the current columns for IP, PK String and Lock, that we have, also show info only when you start to download smth from the user (just checked it).

My idea was that there could be an option to send some ping-like command to the users in userlist (not to all simultaneously, it will probably lead to overload). This command further can be customized to run only when the user clicks another user in the list, or in the background, continuously adding user info, or not to run at all (to have the old program behaviour). Not very clear explanation... :)

Umm... not that well clearly explained so I'll just do the simple thing and not read it totally and spend 5minutes trying to understand. Include I will base my reply on the first sentence of what you just said.

If those ettings are only retrieved when you obtain someones filelist then I think it's perfectly acceptable to add in this option to display the flags but just have it so it's only displayed when you get the filelist just like these other columns.

I strongly believe that you should not be able to simply click on a user and automatically retrieve this infomaration as it's jsut wasting bandwidth, if there's a specific user you want these details of you will probably be willing to download there filelist?

~Greg

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0