Lee

Progressing with ApexDC++

12 posts in this topic

It's time to take a look at some of the contributions from our community, plugins created to enhance your ApexDC++ experience and guides to help you through any difficulties. Our staff members share an aim to prioritise support, guides and a solid product simultaneously.

First, let's take a look at probably the most neglected feature in ApexDC++; the PeerGuardian plugin. It ensures that any IP addresses added to the PeerGuardian plugin's blocklist will be blocked, with an error message. You're able to manage and maintain this blocklist yourself, and in our next release you'll be able to update the blocklist within the client!

We're proud of our guides section, and we hope to expand on this in the future. There are some very helpful guides available, and you should search there before asking for support. Here are some popular guides: How to install the PeerGuardian plugin, the best public hubs, how to get in active mode, how to search, translating, compiling and using dynamic IP addresses. In our next version, users with routers will no longer need to worry, since ApexDC++ can retreive your external IP address quickly.

If you're bored with your current look and feel, why not check out our customise page? You can find anything from emoticon packs, user list icons, themes, toolbars and translations.

It shouldn't be too long before there's another public preview, so remember to keep checking back. Contribute to our community while you're waiting! :D

Update: Two days ago we reached 100,000 downloads on the SourceForge servers, which is a huge achievement. We also hit 2,000 registered members recently - thanks to everyone contributing.

Rather than just telling you all to get on and help, I'm currently trying to create some toolbar icons myself. Unfortunatly I'm not great Photoshop expert, and would probably only rank myself as.... intermediate. Not only does this mean I'll probably not produce good results, but it also means I'll probably take a long time to complete a whole set.

Anyway, enough rambling, I'll just show you two of the icons so far. Wouldn't mind constructive criticism. ;)

apex_toolbar_public_.gifapex_toolbar_redirect.gif

Both icons are created from scratch by me, so I guess all rights reserved or whatever. :) I may well change these icons too, depending how much free time I have after doing a "first version" of all the icons needed.

Hey Greg. Nice job there. I like them ;)

The colors are fitting well with the general theme i guess.

Edited by AddictedToChaos

This week we reached 100,000 downloads and 2,000 registered members. :)

Great job guys for you all congratulations but keep on moving (K)(K)(K)

Beertje

What's with the 0.2.3 release? I'm getting edgy! :D

We're hoping to release a new preview in a few days...

(Oct 14th)

What's with the 0.2.3 release? I'm getting edgy! :D

There won't be 0.2.3, next one will be numbered as 0.x.0 (in this case 0.3.0) as all bigger/non-maintenance releases until 1.0.0 final :)

What's with the 0.2.3 release? I'm getting edgy! :)

We're applying the finishing touches and then we should be able to release it this weekend.

I don't want to hurry you, but I think I'll express popular cry by asking about next release. Weekend is almost finished :)

i have a feeling they will still make it before the weekend is up :)