Cyril

I probably will translate ApexDC++ in French very soon

5 posts in this topic

This topic is just to tell you that I will probably translate ApexDC++ in French if it's necessary.

I have just a question which is not about translation : Is it possible in a DC++ protocol to know the capacity of a user. In fact I'd like to make a script for my hub to prevent user from sharing just 5% of their capacity. It drives me mad to know thaht some users share just 1 Go but can share 300Go !

I do not think there is such ability. It should be up to the user anyway. If you are not happy with what smo shares, just increase the "Min share". What if I have 10 HDDs of 300GB and a s*itty connection? Nobody will be able to download anything during our lifetimes. :D

Edit: About the translations - you are welcome, but as we have some already, maybe you prefer to use them as reference? Annoying that I can't find the link.

Edited by Zlobomir

this is not possible in dc and it wont ever be implmented (i hope). if my file sharing software exposed the size of my hard drive i would go mad. as Zlobomir said if you are unhapy with what people are sharing then increase the share size. it is uite possible for some one to have a massive drive (1Tb) but only have 1% of that drive which they consider not to be private

Ok I understand. I would like to use these "unreal" capacities of DC user because in my LAN network, many users have just 5Gb to share. So I can't increase the limit to share. Nevertheless : thank you for your answers.