Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Zounas

Ignore for all users (even OPs)

10 posts in this topic

Ignoring only non-OP users is too limited for my opinion. Some hubs have chatrooms which open automatically when entering them and some hubs spam "support" messages. It would be nice to ignore them (like I did in fulDC). fulDC also has ignoring based on regex.

i apreciate that not every one is a programmer but please try to provide refrence to sources which provide functionality when you refrence other software. this is free opensource software and as such the dev team is very busy and it is more likly a feature will get implemented if you provide these things. if this means researching on the internet and possibly learning a bit so be it. if the feature is important enough to you this is what you need to do.

in regard to your specific issue. right click on the bot (chatroom) witch is annoying you and select ignore user.

i apreciate that not every one is a programmer but please try to provide refrence to sources which provide functionality when you refrence other software. this is free opensource software and as such the dev team is very busy and it is more likly a feature will get implemented if you provide these things. if this means researching on the internet and possibly learning a bit so be it. if the feature is important enough to you this is what you need to do.

in regard to your specific issue. right click on the bot (chatroom) witch is annoying you and select ignore user.

i don't think adding a listview to the settings dialog and reading / writing the corresponding settings is so hard and would need them to look at an existing source code...

but whatever, fulDC is here: www.fuldc.net

i don't think adding a listview to the settings dialog and reading / writing the corresponding settings is so hard and would need them to look at an existing source code...

you are correct. this was just me having a rant. i was a bit harsh. but my point dose still stand any work that requestes can do to make the dev teams job easier will make it more likly that a request gets added. but i was being an ars. soz Zounas, no offence ment

It's on StrongDC++ lite too! :)

026_settings_ignore800.png

The source is here: StrongDC++ Lite

:P

I have it done, but it's not done exactly like in fuldc nor StrongDC Lite...

And you can't ignore op's with it, or you can all you want but they don't be ignored, as we already have options for ignoring annoying hub bots...

Bots have the status of an OP. So i'll be very happy if I can ignore these. Currently, I can't. Every time I connect to my favorite hubs they send out stupid greeting messages or some crappy advertisment. It just pisses me off !!

Please add this feature in the "to-do" list. Please. Also, I like having an "Ignore list" just like in IM programs. Also, some people hit&run with a comercial or advertising a radio station or hub or stuff like that and instantly leave the hub. Probabily because they get kicked/banned. But still... I would like to add their nicknames to that ignore list. Because I can't right-click their names once they're out of the hub. :)

And when they'll try to contact me again, a message sould be sent to them. Saying something like: "Oh, I'm sorry. You've allready advertised some bs. Now you're ignored. Have a nice day." Customizable ofcourse (to fit any country and language, english by default).

This would be a great and useful feature. Thank you.

Bots have the status of an OP. So i'll be very happy if I can ignore these. Currently, I can't. Every time I connect to my favorite hubs they send out stupid greeting messages or some crappy advertisment. It just pisses me off !!

Please add this feature in the "to-do" list. Please. Also, I like having an "Ignore list" just like in IM programs. Also, some people hit&run with a comercial or advertising a radio station or hub or stuff like that and instantly leave the hub. Probabily because they get kicked/banned. But still... I would like to add their nicknames to that ignore list. Because I can't right-click their names once they're out of the hub. :)

And when they'll try to contact me again, a message sould be sent to them. Saying something like: "Oh, I'm sorry. You've allready advertised some bs. Now you're ignored. Have a nice day." Customizable ofcourse (to fit any country and language, english by default).

This would be a great and useful feature. Thank you.

In addition, is it possible to take the above actions against all users, which send URL in their very first line? Acc to my experience, 99% of them are spammers, like "Hello, visit http://www.someUPS.com". A real friend IMHO would not start right with URL. :)

In addition, is it possible to take the above actions against all users, which send URL in their very first line? Acc to my experience, 99% of them are spammers, like "Hello, visit http://www.someUPS.com". A real friend IMHO would not start right with URL. :)

i don't know if they plan to add scripts support, but if they do, that would be easily done by using a script; such specific things might not have to go in the core of the program :ermm:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0