Typo

[Support][v.0.2.2] Strange emails?

13 posts in this topic

Now can somebody explain me what the heck does this mean?

massmailer.png

What should I do to this? Of course I don't allow anything this suspicious to happen, but my Antivirus doesn't have yet feature to make it automatically block these, so I receive these boxes every now and then...

:blink:

Now can somebody explain me what the heck does this mean?

What should I do to this? Of course I don't allow anything this suspicious to happen, but my Antivirus doesn't have yet feature to make it automatically block these, so I receive these boxes every now and then...

:blink:

It means that someone is using mail/smtp port as their DC port, thus triggering this notification when you connect to these users...

But ApexDC++ does not send any emails, that's certain...

If You dont believe us that there are no viruses / badware in ApexDC++ You can see the source and compile it by youself.

Ok, I believe that it's not ApexDC++ ^_^

I just don't know what to do this problem...

Or it may be a worm, that has infected Apex DC++?

Or it may be a worm, that has infected Apex DC++?

maybe, but somehow i think very unlikely ^_^

Ok, maybe I'll just wait and see if my Antivirus program gets that feature that I don't have always close those boxes, but that it would remember my choices. Thanks for the support guys. ^_^

bte, is there a way to scan for example ApexDC to see if there is a worm? My antivirus program doesn't see anything but those unauthorized emails...

bte, is there a way to scan for example ApexDC to see if there is a worm? My antivirus program doesn't see anything but those unauthorized emails...

There is no emails ever sent... but all you can do to ensure that apexdc is clean is scan it with antivirus program, and possibly with some other tools like spybot or ad-aware...

Download Apex again and replace its executable. You may also compare hashes of your Apex and newly downloaded.

Download Apex again and replace its executable. You may also compare hashes of your Apex and newly downloaded.

This seems to have done the trick. Thanks for all your answers. ^_^

Oh, in several other topics I ( :wacko: ) have advised to avoid standard port numbers in settings (like 25, 21, 110, 2121, 23, 80,8080 etc.).