Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Andreix

Odc Problem

15 posts in this topic

I have the latest Apex Dc ++ and i cannot download from odc users...it says connecting and nothing....

And another question : it seems that apex dc is not compatible with the latest version of Verlihub..I give a kick and disconnects me without a reason...i dont really know,,it is the hub or the dc ? :)

I have the latest Apex Dc ++ and i cannot download from odc users...it says connecting and nothing....

And another question : it seems that apex dc is not compatible with the latest version of Verlihub..I give a kick and disconnects me without a reason...i dont really know,,it is the hub or the dc ? :)

I believe it's the hub, depends on how it's configured tho.

And support for non-tth clients (read: f.ex. oDC) has been dropped by DC++, and thus by us as well...

Can't you guys make a patch or something ? So that we (us using TTH) download from them, including filelists and for them NOT to download from us including filelists ? Just displaying an error message saying that "oDC-based clients are no longer supported by this user" ? (it already does that but with a diffrent not-so-compelling-for-the-average-user-that-lives-in-a-third-world-country-and-does'nt-know-too-much-english when they try to get our filelists)

When we try to get THEIR filelists, it shouldn't just dissapear as it currently does. It should notify us that the user is using oDC or an oDC-based client. And for us (using Apex) sending them an auto-PM informing them about the benefits and advanteges of using TTH, and mabey even advertise Apex.

Considering this is a request for a feature, it should be included as a setting with a text box for a manual translation, or customized advertisement of Apex. Don't you agree ?

Dude why dont you use oDC to download from those users and apex for everything else.And there's no good reason to make a patch.If you dont like the fact that new dc clients dont support old stuff - go to dc++ forum and talk with the dudes there.

Dude why dont you use oDC to download from those users and apex for everything else.And there's no good reason to make a patch.If you dont like the fact that new dc clients dont support old stuff - go to dc++ forum and talk with the dudes there.

I would download from them using oDC. But that would mean i would have to close that hub in Apex and connect to the same hub on oDC ! Some hubs won't let you connect for at least 1 minute. Czone (RO) has a total of about 200 seconds or more.

There are also lazy people not willing to hash tremendeous lage data (200 GB+) just for the kick of it. Would you wait for 6 hours untill all your data has been hashed ?

This patch will have a specific meaning. Would force them to upgrade. :) So what do you say ? Could it be done ? Please ?

Then you'll wait.

You want us to make hash speed 0 seconds ?its impossible.Please read some docs about the hashing process - why do we need it and why it takes so long.

And it wont force 'em to upgrade - it will do exactly the opposite - "well, people still can download from me - why do i need to upgrade ???".

another "why dinosaurs had to extinct, I wanna see dinosaurs" topic.

Except in DC network there are still dinosaurs... amazing :)

topic should be "oDC IS problem" :)

Problem is that things are unnatural - everywhere the newer is compatible with the older, only exception is DC. It's like XP to be unable to see FAT32 "since NTFS is better". :)

No it's not the same. Compatibility is usually kept for a certain amount of time, until keeping it becomes much of a burden or until there are benefits for keeping it (but it depends on the type of app we are talking about).

No it's not the same. Compatibility is usually kept for a certain amount of time, until keeping it becomes much of a burden or until there are benefits for keeping it (but it depends on the type of app we are talking about).

But here, AFAIK the ONLY reason is to force people to upgrade. But as you can see, it has exactly the opposite effect - users of newer clients turn to older clients again, or run both, which is even more stupid. Just expressing my point of view, I know that DC++ forum should be the place to do it...

is there a way to re-add tth support for apex???

Apex has TTH support, oDC is the one that doesn't have it (there is a version of oDC that has xml filelist support somewhere, but don't ask me where...)

is there a way to download with apex from odc clients??

the only good thing on odc is the faster file hashing

is there a way to download with apex from odc clients??

No

the only good thing on odc is the faster file hashing

That's because it afaik doesn't do any hashing :D (which is not good)

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0