Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
maciver

Apex Script

3 posts in this topic

There is a new apex tool going around that is giving apex a bad name, it opens the hublist, matches Q on all users in a hub then moves to the next hub then repeats to expoit the fact alot of users dont turn on the option disconnect users who leave hub. The users zip in and zip out in less than a second making it difficult for OPs to ban them, and when we nickban they simply change names, I have had to go thru my logs to ip ban one user. Is there anything out that can combat this? It makes all apex users look bad, and I was just banned in a hub for apex use due to this damn exploit.

There is a new apex tool going around that is giving apex a bad name, it opens the hublist, matches Q on all users in a hub then moves to the next hub then repeats to expoit the fact alot of users dont turn on the option disconnect users who leave hub. The users zip in and zip out in less than a second making it difficult for OPs to ban them, and when we nickban they simply change names, I have had to go thru my logs to ip ban one user. Is there anything out that can combat this? It makes all apex users look bad, and I was just banned in a hub for apex use due to this damn exploit.

I am not familiar with this bot. but will DEFINATELY keep a look out. IF anyone comes accross a copy of this tool or bot. Please let me know, I will do my best to crack it. or find a resolution. your welcome to contact me here, in TechGeeks or via IM sidetrack73@hotmail.com (public MSN)

I am not familiar with this bot. but will DEFINATELY keep a look out. IF anyone comes accross a copy of this tool or bot. Please let me know, I will do my best to crack it. or find a resolution. your welcome to contact me here, in TechGeeks or via IM sidetrack73@hotmail.com (public MSN)

Seen this bot. Maybe it would be a good idea to set the option "Disconnect users who leave hub" as standard in new clients then the user can uncheck it later if they want, when they get up to speed with the client in the future.

If anyone needs more details about the bot please contact me on any of the TAN hubs. I will not post info here about it for obvious reasons.

Sidetrack .... I will fill you in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0