Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
HippieSpellan

highlight/marks

12 posts in this topic

as Im checking shares or just wanting to say things to a sertain group of ppl I find it hard to remember who I checked or mess. or just wanting to cataloge them in for say, native language and english speaking.

it would be great if one could highlight or put a mark or be able to do something in the right userlist to help remembering, so the notepad wont have to be open and milelong, and forgotten... ofcourse able to unmark aswell.

as Im checking shares or just wanting to say things to a sertain group of ppl I find it hard to remember who I checked or mess. or just wanting to cataloge them in for say, native language and english speaking.

it would be great if one could highlight or put a mark or be able to do something in the right userlist to help remembering, so the notepad wont have to be open and milelong, and forgotten... ofcourse able to unmark aswell.

It's Favorite List improvement, right? I open topic about improvements of FavList. Read my posts in this list. I think it's what you need. :D Then we don't need creating new marks in FavList. We need only create right groups and subgroups.

It's Favorite List improvement, right? I open topic about improvements of FavList. Read my posts in this list. I think it's what you need. :D Then we don't need creating new marks in FavList. We need only create right groups and subgroups.

nope certainly not fav. Im talking about the right userlist. right as in -------------->

since I dont want EVERYONE on the fav list, and fav is a whole other chapter. As an op not a user.

nope certainly not fav. Im talking about the right userlist. right as in -------------->

since I dont want EVERYONE on the fav list, and fav is a whole other chapter. As an op not a user.

Hm... understand. Interest idea... But this list generating dynamically and if you mark somebody Apex must save this mark somewhere... In structure like FavList... I think it's really hard to implement. Also it's can really slowdown work of userlist...

But if add ability for users to add this data to them profiles... But many of users don't want to do anything... Or some users can show incorrect data...

Only one method what can be easily implemented into Apex is automatic marking users by flags (or country names). Flags and names already exist. IP of users we know - then we can mark users. I think it's possible.

What think other?

Hm... understand. Interest idea... But this list generating dynamically and if you mark somebody Apex must save this mark somewhere... In structure like FavList... I think it's really hard to implement. Also it's can really slowdown work of userlist...

But if add ability for users to add this data to them profiles... But many of users don't want to do anything... Or some users can show incorrect data...

Only one method what can be easily implemented into Apex is automatic marking users by flags (or country names). Flags and names already exist. IP of users we know - then we can mark users. I think it's possible.

What think other?

well I dont really know how to do it=) I was just thinking of what I wanted, say for instance that Im going to contact everyone with a sertain isp or a sertain client, and I send pms to the ones online. 2 minutes later 5 more users that need that particular information from me (not so all the ops see it, just as a reminder for myself) and then it takes time to write the person who has/hasnt got the info. =)

Im thinking a bit of ctraid in wow =D

Maybe a new column in userlist like 'Nick', 'Share', 'Description' a.s.o. where comments by the user of the client can be put and that has nothing to do with the $MyInfo string, only local information in the client? Or at least a column with a checkbox for each user in list? And probably it would need an option that stored data will be automatically deleted after a certain time period or when the client is closed.

Would something like that be hard to code? I think as an OP it would be useful. Or as for the comments field probably also for normal users. And who doesn't need it could still uncheck and hide this column...

Maybe a new column in userlist like 'Nick', 'Share', 'Description' a.s.o. where comments by the user of the client can be put and that has nothing to do with the $MyInfo string, only local information in the client? Or at least a column with a checkbox for each user in list? And probably it would need an option that stored data will be automatically deleted after a certain time period or when the client is closed.

Would something like that be hard to code? I think as an OP it would be useful. Or as for the comments field probably also for normal users. And who doesn't need it could still uncheck and hide this column...

yeah that would be great! marvelous. I love this idea=) no more extra files with coments about filelists and stuff=) :D

Seems like an interesting idea, although personally I wouldn't have the comments bit enabled because that would only further clutter the userlist which has way too many columns already. :P As for the checkbox type thing, I'd like to see something like in Notepad++, where you just click at the side of a line and it has a little icon appear there, and then dissappear when you click there again, it stands out more than a tickbox, which is useful if you jsut want to quickly scroll through everything. If that was to implemented, I would perfer to be able to set the colour of this, or maybe have the colour of it decided by another colour within the settings, like the progress bars or whatever, that sort of thing.

Hmmm... I think it's good! (Now I understand what feature you want)

But, don't it slow down work with userlist?

...and I think need 2 types of mark - on session (stored in memory) and static (this mark must save... like favorite users...)

Switching by simple click on free column in left of nickname.

1. First click - session mark.

2. Second click - static mark.

3. Third click - clear mark.

In popup menu for fields in userlist add need submenu "Mark" with options "Session", "Static", "Clear".

Hmmm, maybe, not so sure about static. The more you want, the harder (longer) it is to add. :)

I understand. :)

Do it step by step. On first - temporary mark, on second - static.

Don't try to add any big feature at one time. It's to hard.

Sometime I or somebody other can request really hard to implement feature But any of this features can be segmented on many little steps.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0