Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
RadoX

TV shows series downloaded by name

14 posts in this topic

I got this request from one in my hub and I think this would be a good fidus. When downloading a whole series folder it would be great to get the shows by there number not random.

I don;t think it's that realistic to implement easily, personally I just change the priority of stuff. I wouldn't mind more priority options though... there's only like 5 or something now, 10 would actually be useful, especially for when you want to queue to loads of stuff if you're going away for a while and are not sure how long you'll be gone for.

Could it prioritise it by take the first file in a folder by alphabet and work it way down, I know it would be hard to make it detect the number of the show by it self. DC does sort by alphabet allredy so is it possible?

Could it prioritise it by take the first file in a folder by alphabet and work it way down, I know it would be hard to make it detect the number of the show by it self. DC does sort by alphabet allredy so is it possible?

The only problem I see with that is that once shows reach 100 eps DC sorts them wrong.

Example DC sorts it like this

Naruto - 10

Naruto - 100

Naruto - 101

And so fourth. The solution is quite simple though.. You just add a third zero

Naruto - 010

Naruto - 011

Naruto - 012

and problem is solved.

Yes but that does not happen very often, and I know this would not be perfect unless the showes are named all the seme but most ppl do so it would be a great start.

Yes but that does not happen very often, and I know this would not be perfect unless the showes are named all the seme but most ppl do so it would be a great start.

How about this... A right click option on the queue "Download In order" like you suggested... The queue would start from the top and work it's way down. Auto filling in the Priority. And if the queue then had an option like the Favorite hubs list does to "move up" and "move down". This would still require some sort of work by the user but it would accomplish what you want. I was thinking it would work something like this...

Jack and Jill ep 1 Priority = Highest (1)

Jack and Jill ep 2 Priority = Highest (2)

Jack and Jill ep 3 Priority = Highest (3)

Jack and Jill ep 4 Priority = High (1)

Jack and Jill ep 5 Priority = High (2)

Jack and Jill ep 6 Priority = High (3)

Jack and Jill ep 7 Priority = Normal (1)

and so fourth. But instead of downloading right away perhaps the program could have something neat like a hault. Where the files aren't paused but rather waiting for the ones on time to finish. Much like the files wait when you've got to many downloads going. :-\

I think the request is very reasonable, not only for tv shows but for all downloads which are split in files and numbered (music comes to mind).

What exactly is difficult about implementing it?

I see many collections of music, video and other stuff.

And only in 5-7% I see numbering like 1,2,3,...,10,..,100,...

In all other I see 01,02,03,04 or 001,002,...,100,...,200. I mean - with leading zero.

I think only alphabetical priority required.

More complex methods can be implemented later and only if really required.

I dont know if this will be implmented but if it is i can imagine that it will only be done via alphabetic ordering. Doing any type of fuzy logic would just wast processor power. therefore if you had the following

priority would be

1 highest

2 normal

10 high

as Latin had said filenames with leading zeros will work fine and so would the example datadyne has given (untill ep 10). this is the only realistic way i can see this being implmented.

This brings up a problem. If the function is not implmented perfectly i.e. it is implmented how i have stated above. Many people would belive that the programm was buggy, leading to an influx of people complaining on the forums which. for this reason i am unsure if this will be implmented

...but attention!

If we have two albums with this styled autopriority we have order like that

01 a

01 b

02 a

02 b

03 a

03 b

I think changing priority - wring way. :P

I think need only alphabetical download and SINGLE priority for folder if size of files in folder not so different.

Thanx for good response to this topic.

I think alphabetacly in folder is the only way to do this, it could work for any kind of files not only shows and most ppl who sort in theyre folders have all things in the folder sorted by alphabet. Even if you have something in 100+ the first files are in most cases blabla-015 for example.

Well if it is not perfect like that in first version there will always be fixed version, so I would like this to get to beta asap

But what about you have smth like that:

Day 1:

001 Peers up to 1KB/s available

002 Peers up to 10KB/s available

003 Peers up to 100KB/s available

So Apex will run with 1KB/s on highest priority for 001, and wasting the chance to get 002 and 003 faster.

Day 2:

001 Peers up to 100KB/s available

002 Peers up to 1KB/s available

003 Peers up to 10KB/s

The same waste...

You right, but most time we have same speed for all files in any folder on level after root. :)

ApexDC must download files in alphabetical order but automatically set high priority for files with big speed. It's brake order, but resolve problem.

Same problem can happen with subtitles... But most time subtitles downloading through minislots.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0