Crise

Compiling ApexDC++

183 posts in this topic

maybe we can try building apex dc with profile guided optimization and maybe sse

Hi everyone, I've been trying to compiler ApexDC++ but have not had any such luck. Now I'm only trying to compiler it so that I can write a plugin for my WHS system, so I'm only after the PluginAPI-Debug.lib and PluginAPI-Release.lib files. So I'm wondering if anyone can just send them to me it would be great.

In regards to the compiling, I think it may be due that I'm running windows 7 with VS2008, is anyone else running and successfully compiling with these versions? If so what versions of stlport and wtl are you using? as the compiling errors are coming from stlport.

Cheers,

Dave

I got it working, its amazing what a little bit of sleep will do to you.

Now to start working on my plugin. I'll post back in the forum with details of the plugin once its going incase anyone else is interested in it.

In regards to the compiling, I think it may be due that I'm running windows 7 with VS2008, is anyone else running and successfully compiling with these versions? If so what versions of stlport and wtl are you using? as the compiling errors are coming from stlport.

I had a similar issue, but it works (Windows 7127). You have to download and install the latest VS2008 SP1, and then install a (roughly) 300MB "security update" in Windows Update.

I have this error. I try Rebuild, but it's not help.

Microsoft (R) Windows (R) Resource Compiler Version 6.0.5724.0

Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation.  All rights reserved.

Deleting old pdb file & copying over SDK files...

Linking...

fatal error C1047: The object or library file '.\vc9\Win32\Release\StrongDC\ADLSearchFrame.obj' was created with an older compiler than other objects; rebuild old objects and libraries

LINK : fatal error LNK1257: code generation failed

Build log was saved at "file://C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\Visual Studio 2008\Projects\ApexDC\trunk\vc9\Win32\Release\StrongDC\BuildLog.htm"

StrongDC - 1 error(s), 1 warning(s)

========== Build: 6 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

Hy guys, :)

when compiling I get this error, what does it mean please ?

DCPlusPlus.h(101) : error C2065: 'uint8_t' : undeclared identifier

(in release mode)

VS 2008 pro

sdk installed

STLPort 5.2.1 build

patched WTL.

Edit: Work fine with the last Stlport 6 form repository GIT.

hy guys

i have several errors with le lastest version of Apex 1.3.1 ( Strg 2.40 Compil fine)

BarShader.cpp

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(539) : error C2065: 'ITaskbarList3' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(314) : error C2661: 'ATL::CComPtrBase<T>::CoCreateInstance' : no overloaded function takes 1 arguments

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(317) : error C2039: 'SetOverlayIcon' : is not a member of 'ATL::_NoAddRefReleaseOnCComPtr<T>'

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(319) : error C2065: 'THUMBBUTTON' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(319) : error C2146: syntax error : missing ';' before identifier 'buttons'

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(319) : error C2065: 'buttons' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(320) : error C2065: 'buttons' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(320) : error C2228: left of '.dwMask' must have class/struct/union

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(320) : error C2065: 'THB_ICON' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(320) : error C2065: 'THB_TOOLTIP' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(320) : error C2065: 'THB_FLAGS' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(321) : error C2065: 'buttons' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(321) : error C2228: left of '.iId' must have class/struct/union

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(322) : error C2065: 'buttons' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(322) : error C2228: left of '.hIcon' must have class/struct/union

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(323) : error C2065: 'buttons' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(323) : error C2228: left of '.szTip' must have class/struct/union

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(324) : error C2065: 'buttons' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(324) : error C2228: left of '.dwFlags' must have class/struct/union

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(324) : error C2065: 'THBF_ENABLED' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(326) : error C2065: 'buttons' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(326) : error C2228: left of '.dwMask' must have class/struct/union

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(326) : error C2065: 'THB_ICON' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(326) : error C2065: 'THB_TOOLTIP' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(326) : error C2065: 'THB_FLAGS' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(327) : error C2065: 'buttons' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(327) : error C2228: left of '.iId' must have class/struct/union

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(328) : error C2065: 'buttons' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(328) : error C2228: left of '.hIcon' must have class/struct/union

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(329) : error C2065: 'buttons' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(329) : error C2228: left of '.szTip' must have class/struct/union

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(330) : error C2065: 'buttons' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(330) : error C2228: left of '.dwFlags' must have class/struct/union

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(330) : error C2065: 'THBF_ENABLED' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(332) : error C2039: 'ThumbBarAddButtons' : is not a member of 'ATL::_NoAddRefReleaseOnCComPtr<T>'

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(332) : error C2065: 'buttons' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(332) : error C2070: ''unknown-type'': illegal sizeof operand

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(332) : error C2065: 'THUMBBUTTON' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(332) : error C2070: ''unknown-type'': illegal sizeof operand

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(332) : error C2065: 'buttons' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(334) : error C2065: 'buttons' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(334) : error C2070: ''unknown-type'': illegal sizeof operand

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(334) : error C2065: 'THUMBBUTTON' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(334) : error C2070: ''unknown-type'': illegal sizeof operand

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(334) : warning C4018: '<' : signed/unsigned mismatch

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(335) : error C2065: 'buttons' : undeclared identifier

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(335) : error C2228: left of '.hIcon' must have class/struct/union

d:\trunk\windows\MainFrm.h(585) : error C2512: 'ATL::CComPtr' : no appropriate default constructor available

========== Build: 7 succeeded, 1 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

should include Shobjidl.h or file Shobj.h , which contains all these definitions ?

should update platform SDK from Platform SDK update

config:

VS 2008

stlport 6 form GIT repository

lastest WTL...

Crise, Lee ? Anyone help me ? ...

Thanks for your help :thumbsup:

Warwick. :)

warwick likes this

hy,

For people Who want to compil the last 1.3.1:

VS.2008 updated.

Stlport 6 from GIT repository.

last WTL.

Platform SDK updated

Install Windows SDK for WIndows 7 and .net frameWork service pack 1 ( note that "the program now integrates with the new Windows 7 taskbar " ) "ITaskbarList support the unified launching and switching taskbar button functionality added in Windows 7

then, Build it in release mode !

hy,

For people Who want to compil the last 1.3.1:

VS.2008 updated.

Stlport 6 from GIT repository.

last WTL.

Platform SDK updated

Install Windows SDK for WIndows 7 and .net frameWork service pack 1 ( note that "the program now integrates with the new Windows 7 taskbar " ) "ITaskbarList support the unified launching and switching taskbar button functionality added in Windows 7

then, Build it in release mode !

How do you build STLPort? I have Windows 7 64-bit, VS2008 SP1 but it's just not working. First, the documentation for the STLPort project is downright wrong, as the build directory was seemingly changed from "build\lib" to "src", but it still doesn't work.

I get the same errors as this guy:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/stlport/forums/forum/490891/topic/3526792

Could you, per chance, share a build of STLPort for me? You could upload to to http://www.2shared.com for example. Thanks ^_^

How do you build STLPort? I have Windows 7 64-bit, VS2008 SP1 but it's just not working. First, the documentation for the STLPort project is downright wrong, as the build directory was seemingly changed from "build\lib" to "src", but it still doesn't work.

I get the same errors as this guy:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/stlport/forums/forum/490891/topic/3526792

Could you, per chance, share a build of STLPort for me? You could upload to to http://www.2shared.com for example. Thanks ^_^

hy

in fact, you do thisd before :

1. Replacing "__value" with "__stlvalue" in all locations of "type_traits" fixed the errors above.

2. Commenting out the "template class _STLP_CLASS_DECLSPEC _LimG<bool>;" line in dll_main.cpp fixed the new errors that occurred.

and build it with nmake command .

For another guys:

The last STLport 6 ( 26 03 2010 ) from Git repository

hy

in fact, you do thisd before :

1. Replacing "__value" with "__stlvalue" in all locations of "type_traits" fixed the errors above.

2. Commenting out the "template class _STLP_CLASS_DECLSPEC _LimG<bool>;" line in dll_main.cpp fixed the new errors that occurred.

and build it with nmake command .

For another guys:

The last STLport 6 ( 26 03 2010 ) from Git repository

Thanks, I finally made it work after hours of hacking.

I don't understand why the source code of ApexDC (and StrongDC and DC++ for that matter) isn't simply distributed WITH STLPort and WTL, instead of this nonsense that requires hours of downloading and building plus obscure hacks to make it compile. Each release of ApexDC requires specific versions of these libraries anyway.

Or perhaps it's just C++ that's a horrible mess...

Each release of ApexDC requires specific versions of these libraries anyway.

Or perhaps it's just C++ that's a horrible mess...

yeah, but SDK for seven OS is required for version 1.3.1 of Apex. Updated client required always new codes, librairies and .h ...

WarWick !

I don't understand why the source code of ApexDC (and StrongDC and DC++ for that matter) isn't simply distributed WITH STLPort and WTL, instead of this nonsense that requires hours of downloading and building plus obscure hacks to make it compile. Each release of ApexDC requires specific versions of these libraries anyway.

There are no obscure hacks needed as far as I know (well yeah you need to do some changes but I wouldn't really call them that obscure)... about how we distribute source code. Well let's just say that if you really need to compile Apex yourself for some reason then setting up the environment shouldn't be that big of a task.

Just for the record there are plenty of other projects with much more difficult/complex (then again what is difficult and what isn't is very relative) build process.

Just to give an example I have written simple batch scripts for windows to make building things such as stlport, openssl etc. (although since BM provides openssl libs compiled with SDC I rarely build openssl myself).

Last STLport 6

sorry for delay

Thanks, I have made all that is written in the message №161.

And still thanks that has advised to download SDK for win7. All is wonderfully gathered, and without errors. ^_^

What version of stlport and wtl are needed to compile version 1.3.2 of Apex ? Also is there anything else needed other then stl & wtl ?

What version of stlport and wtl are needed to compile version 1.3.2 of Apex ? Also is there anything else needed other then stl & wtl ?

Latest WTL (8.0 is the version, I think) and STLPort 6 from their git repository (if you have problems compiling stlport 6 under msvc, use google).

STL compiled fine, but I'm getting this error:

5>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'MakeDefs', configuration 'Release|Win32'

5>Generating revision number...

5>SubWCRev : 'D:\My Documents Xp\DC\working\trunk' is not a working copy

5>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Generating revision number..."

For some reason it doesn't make the file version.h, resulting in many include errors afterwards. What am I doing wrong ?

STL compiled fine, but I'm getting this error:

5>Deleting intermediate and output files for project 'MakeDefs', configuration 'Release|Win32'

5>Generating revision number...

5>SubWCRev : 'D:\My Documents Xp\DC\working\trunk' is not a working copy

5>Project : error PRJ0019: A tool returned an error code from "Generating revision number..."

For some reason it doesn't make the file version.h, resulting in many include errors afterwards. What am I doing wrong ?

You aren't really doing anything wrong... I suppose this can be seen as a mess up on my part, it would generate the version.h if your source was an svn working copy and since I removed version.h from version control it didn't get copied to the exported version of the source.

After removing all "Description="Generating revision number..."" and "CommandLine="&quot;SubWCRev.exe&quot; &quot;$(SolutionDir)..."" strings from MakeDefs.vcproj, I have many errors with MainFrm.h

Have anyone working copy of ApexDC++ 1.3.2 or svn working copy ?

After removing all "Description="Generating revision number..."" and "CommandLine="&quot;SubWCRev.exe&quot; &quot;$(SolutionDir)..."" strings from MakeDefs.vcproj, I have many errors with MainFrm.h

Have anyone working copy of ApexDC++ 1.3.2 or svn working copy ?

You need the version.h file... which SubWCRev.exe would normally do for you, but you can get one out of version-template.h easily enough.

version.h look good. I have renamed version-template.h to version.h and changed BUILDID from $WCREV$ to some number.

And after that I have this errors (vs2008sp1 Russian localization):

8>BarShader.cpp

8>d:\work\build_install_win_soft_for_lan\apexdc_build_and_install\apexdc-1.3.2-src\windows\MainFrm.h(539) : error C2065: ITaskbarList3: необъявленный идентификатор

8>d:\work\build_install_win_soft_for_lan\apexdc_build_and_install\apexdc-1.3.2-src\windows\MainFrm.h(314) : error C2661: ATL::CComPtrBase<T>::CoCreateInstance: нет перегруженной функции, принимающей 1 аргументов

8>d:\work\build_install_win_soft_for_lan\apexdc_build_and_install\apexdc-1.3.2-src\windows\MainFrm.h(317) : error C2039: SetOverlayIcon: не является членом "ATL::_NoAddRefReleaseOnCComPtr<T>"

8>d:\work\build_install_win_soft_for_lan\apexdc_build_and_install\apexdc-1.3.2-src\windows\MainFrm.h(319) : error C2065: THUMBBUTTON: необъявленный идентификатор

8>d:\work\build_install_win_soft_for_lan\apexdc_build_and_install\apexdc-1.3.2-src\windows\MainFrm.h(319) : error C2146: синтаксическая ошибка: отсутствие ";" перед идентификатором "buttons"

8>d:\work\build_install_win_soft_for_lan\apexdc_build_and_install\apexdc-1.3.2-src\windows\MainFrm.h(319) : error C2065: buttons: необъявленный идентификатор

8>d:\work\build_install_win_soft_for_lan\apexdc_build_and_install\apexdc-1.3.2-src\windows\MainFrm.h(320) : error C2065: buttons: необъявленный идентификатор

8>d:\work\build_install_win_soft_for_lan\apexdc_build_and_install\apexdc-1.3.2-src\windows\MainFrm.h(320) : error C2228: выражение слева от ".dwMask" должно представлять класс, структуру или объединение

8>d:\work\build_install_win_soft_for_lan\apexdc_build_and_install\apexdc-1.3.2-src\windows\MainFrm.h(320) : error C2065: THB_ICON: необъявленный идентификатор

8>d:\work\build_install_win_soft_for_lan\apexdc_build_and_install\apexdc-1.3.2-src\windows\MainFrm.h(320) : error C2065: THB_TOOLTIP: необъявленный идентификатор

and so on...

What's wrong ?

Getting the same errors here (except the fact that they're in english). Though I don't think they're related to version.h since mine was generated properly. Maybe some bad includes :-?