Crise

Compiling ApexDC++

183 posts in this topic

i download visual studio

in Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Express Edition i install atl,wtl,SDK

and i can't create WTL project

you need Visual Studio 2008 and express versions will not work because of missing dependencies

for your own sake crise, add this lines to stdinc.cpp :blushing:

#if _VC80X || _VC90X

#error You can't compile ApexDC++ under Visual C++ Express Edition!

#endif

for your own sake crise, add this lines to stdinc.cpp :blushing:

#if _VC80X || _VC90X
#error You can't compile ApexDC++ under Visual C++ Express Edition!
#endif

Thanks for the tip :)

Hello all

I've been trying to compile ApexDC++, but with no success.

Everything goes ok in the case of the DEBUG build, and i get the 10.719MB StrongDC.exe file.

However, when trying to compile in Release, i get Link error:

1>Linking...

1>fatal error C1007: unrecognized flag '-typedil' in 'p2'

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1257: code generation failed

I read it could be the /GL optimization option, so i tried without it, but still nothing.

Noone seems to know where this error comes from.

Funny thing is, i try this compilation on a "virgin" system, just installed VS2005, put everything in place, compiled STLPort, so how come?

Compilation goes on without errors, but linking crashes...

I did a text search in all files in Apex folder: -typedil is to be found only in 2: libeay32.lib AND ssleay32.lib. For instance:

-compiler:"C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\VC\BIN\c2.dll" -typedil -f C:\Documents and Settings\Big Muscle\Dokumenty\Projekty\openssl-0.9.8-stable-SNAP-20081107\engines\e_capi.c

What could it be? I'm totally lost :(

Thanks in advance,

[edit]

I downloaded another version of openssl libs from here:

http://www.deanlee.cn/programming/openssl-for-windows/

And compiled successfully.

The thing is, the downloaded .lib files are not static linking, but import libraries. Meaning, now it wants the .dll. The new error is: "Impossible finding the ordinal 3686 in dynamic linking library LIBEAY32.dll.

Still fighting... do you guys have these dll's?

Catalin

Recent apex builds require VS 2008, i'm surprised you could compile in 2k5

indeed it's weird you can build it using vs2005... wondering how rsx++ exist then xD

I made it.

Somehow in the process of debugging, i had replaced teh openssl/lib files with some different ones, one was like 20 Megs in size.

I copied different ones from StrongDC/openssl/lib and compiled like a charm...

Can't believe how much time i wasted with this :(

Well... life of programmers.

Thanks

-c

You can apply some modifications and see how it works or can try to fix bugs to help developers. :(

The main idea is not just to compile ApexDC, but to examine the source-code, modify it for your own preferences and maybe even learn from it.

slot locker, fake tag, fake share..... you can add many modifications ;D

You don't need to give people ideas like that...

adrian_007: It's all in human nature - where exist possibility to do a good deed, arm in arm goes possibility to do a bad one. It's not that all side developers aim to create cheat-mods though.

You certainly have knew, it's just I don't appreciate your sarcasm about modifications. Cheating clients are already exist, so what? Maybe you writing specifications or developing some reliable code to prevent it? Or don't you like the whole idea of open source? Or why do you bring this up at all?

Guys, thanks for your help, i managed to compile.

Now, question: why is it that when i exit ApexDC, it remains in memory?

It askes when i exit if i REALLY wanna, i say Yes and it goes away.

But the process is still in the list.

If i try to restart it, tells me that another instance already exists in memory: do i wanna start another?

Why does this happen?

Thanks

Cata

it waits until all open connections have been closed before the process completely exits

it waits until all open connections have been closed before the process completely exits

But doesn't it close all connections upon exiting?

If i am connected to 1 hub (and this is my case) doesn't it automatically close the connection?

It would seem the logical behavior...

But doesn't it close all connections upon exiting?

If i am connected to 1 hub (and this is my case) doesn't it automatically close the connection?

It would seem the logical behavior...

it does but it does the closing in a such a way that it results in the delay. (ie. it doesn't just suddenly leave the connections hanging and just exit, but correctly disconnects them first and then exits).

You certainly have knew, it's just I don't appreciate your sarcasm about modifications. Cheating clients are already exist, so what? Maybe you writing specifications or developing some reliable code to prevent it? Or don't you like the whole idea of open source? Or why do you bring this up at all?

yes i don't like opne source... i don't like it so much that i've released rsx++.

and about the cheat clients - is it bad that user know about them? so maybe ppl shouldn't know about weapon, it's also a bad thing? kinda sux because all open comminity rely on information

it does but it does the closing in a such a way that it results in the delay. (ie. it doesn't just suddenly leave the connections hanging and just exit, but correctly disconnects them first and then exits).

Well, i made a test. It was connected to my own Hub, the only one connected.

So, my own compiled ApexDC client, to my local Ptokax Hub. No connections or downloads active.

I closed ApexDC (answered Yes to the question), left it for 10 minutes, it was still in memory.

Close the Hub, waited another 5 mins: still in memory.

Are you guys sure it ever closes down?

then there is something wrong elsewhere, because here it definitely does close down just fine...

yes i don't like opne source... i don't like it so much that i've released rsx++.

and about the cheat clients - is it bad that user know about them? so maybe ppl shouldn't know about weapon, it's also a bad thing? kinda sux because all open comminity rely on information

Please, don't take it personally, but I know at least one side client developer that shared modified source with others just to comply with GNU/GPL ideology in the eyes of the public. And yes, community relies on information, not on some "funny" remarks. Did you provide any useful information? Or did you just pushed side developers to think about how can they use cheats? Those who really wanted to find out about cheat clients are already aware of it, you know.

PS: It's certainly goes almost offtop, sorry. :(

You haven't understood my point of view at all. (Don't even try to, actually.) But I agree, this goes too far.. so EOT too.